Everyone who has served to protect us on this Memorial Day.

A special thanks to Laurie, my "grandpa" who died last month. He joined the 82nd in 1943 and returned home in 1946.

Also to all of you who have, or those that you know, served in the past or the present.

Thankyou for your sacrifices.

Everyone who has served to protect us on this Memorial Day.

A special thanks to Laurie, my "grandpa" who died last month. He joined the 82nd in 1943 and returned home in 1946.

Also to all of you who have, or those that you know, served in the past or the present.

Thankyou for your sacrifices.

Yes, thanks a lot!

I would like to thank my late father who served in the 3rd army, and in his words walked and crauled from Le Harve to Czechoslovakia, and my step-father who served in the Army Air Corps as a truck driver, but also fought in Bastogne after helping transport the 101st and getting trapped there.

I have often visited the large memorial and museum at Bastogne, it is only a short drive from where I now live.

How about "homeland"?

Homeland was OK until my government used it for their latest gestapo..err, police force. But I guess Homeland security sounds better than Fatherland security!

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn political, or hijack the thread.;) I just was curious how some countries are referred too in the "feminine" while others are "masculine".