Whats the increase in unit moral when a minor is forced into surrender? Seams pritty large as in a current game as Allies I was doing well in the opening till Belguium fell. The following turn all my attacks were weak with huge return damage... taking a look many units were over 100% moral.. with units operated to the front with over 70 moral.

Is the bump so large that its best to simply run away from attacks and not to counter attack for several turns after a minor has fallen?

Ok, the book says between 1-2 turns but it seamed longer, as you said 2-3 as the increase can be quite abit.

Bill,

Hate to disagree with you but I dont like this feature. I can remember when in SC2 it was talked about and the cap was cut down.. to 150% if I remember. I can see where with this current engine you would see the National Morale go up, but each unit? The primary reason I bring this up is the feature can be quite gamemy.. primaryly with Belgium in the early game.

The Central Powers can kill the unit in Antwerp and leave a damage unit ready to take the city when it needs a couple turn 'power up'. This normally happens in my games around late Sept.. Germany is outside of Verdun, about to make a critical battle aganist UK and French troops near the channel ports, and deal with the Russians in the East.

Suggestions:

Increase National Morale - not unit Morale

Give the other side the option to surrender when a Capital is taken before it shifts to another location

Decrease unit bump so it only lasts .5 to 1 turns.