What is correct about these impresions

Hi,

I just found these impresions on another forum and I was wondering if you guys think they are correct:

"The soldiers do not really use the terrain like real soldiers and there are problems with getting them in LOS/LOF because of the grid system they use. In hedgerow country this gets insane. I've had Panzerschrek teams that can't fire, because the soldier is the only one that has LOF while the anti-tank 'man' is in the wrong spot -- all within a single grid. You'll find your ambushes falling to pieces because of subtleties in the LOS/LOF system.

I haven't had this problem (yet). The game warns you if there is limited LOS (the grey line) and giving a face order helps. There are some occasion where it can happen probably, but not enough to be a problem in my opinion.

I have had this problem. In the third tutorial mission Battle Drill I set up my machine gun team at the base of fire objective (as instructed in the manual). The loader and the other guy had perfect line of sight to the enemy position but the gunner set up his gun directly behind a tree. The only fix was to move the gunner to a position outside the stated objective.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the above post. I hadn't t read to the end of the thread and hence didn't realise that we had moved on from discussing the merits of the criticisms in the original post to bashing Panzer Command: Ostfront.

I am sorry but I have to take a contrary position. I haven't played the game but I have watched a few youtube videos and Battlefront can learn a lot from this game. What impressed me most about the game is the fidelity of the simulation of German and Russian zombie soldiers. Now I am a bit rusty on my WW2 history and I am not sure if zombie soldiers were used in Western Europe, but one would think there would be clear tactical advantages to attacking with waves of shambling, shuffling zombies.

Maybe Battlefront could put it on their to do list?

Did the Germans or the allies use Zombie soldiers in Normandy? Maybe some of the conscripted Ost legion troops?

I think you are referring to the legendary "Calvadostruppen" which at times invaded both sides. They typically arose from Norman farmers' winecellars and lurched around the countryside looking for those French mamsell's that their pappy mentioned from the Great War.

I think you are referring to the legendary "Calvadostruppen" which at times invaded both sides. They typically arose from Norman farmers' winecellars and lurched around the countryside looking for those French mamsell's that their pappy mentioned from the Great War.

They were looking for mamsells ? Zombies have fallen far since the Great War.

They should have only one objective.

Braaaaaiiiiinnnnnnssss !