Question about Panzerfaust's

So, i was playing a quick battle today and i was defending against a Platoon or so Sherman tanks. I had only one Panzer IV and that was knocked out early in the battle, so i decided to take Panzerfaust's from the Half-tracks that i had.

Now with all my men fully equipped with Panzerfausts, (around 3 squads of Panzergrenadiers) I split one squad into an Anti-Tank team of two men. These men had two Panzerfaust's each. I knew that there was 3 Sherman's straight ahead of men, around 90 meters away and told my team to "slow" move to a nearby bush. The Sherman's were in clear view of the team and i ordered them to fire. Nothing happened. I ordered them to fire again. But nothing happened. Then the Sherman spots them and kills both of them with one HE

What went wrong, did i do something wrong or is it a bug?

CMNormandy2011-05-2909-35-43-67.jpg

CMNormandy2011-05-2909-35-59-24-1.jpg

There's no Panzerfaust 60, the only Panzerfausts in the game are Panzerfaust Klein 30 and Panzerfaust 30, which both, as you can tell from the name, have a maximum range of 30 meters. Panzerfaust 60 only came in the autumn, around the time of Market Garden, I recall.

At I guess I would say your pixleltruppen were scared sh1tless and decided to ignore your orders. It has always been a feature of the CM series, dating back to CMBO where it got a specific mention in the manual, that sometimes troops, espcially when not under command, will refuse to obey orders that will get themsleves killed.

Being out in the open facing three tanks head on with, in those circumstances, a one shot weapon is about as suicidal as you can get. Of course your chaps died anyway, but thats war for you.

yes there are Panzerfaust 60 in the game, I believe you can see one in the top picture.

No. Panzerfaust 60 only went into production in September, which the game doesn't cover. It's also not mentioned in the manual. What you see is a Panzerfaust 30.

Anyway, you don't need to guess what it is in the game. Just put your mouse on top of the weapon in the UI and the tool tip will reveal its name.

No. Panzerfaust 60 only went into production in September, which the game doesn't cover. It's also not mentioned in the manual. What you see is a Panzerfaust 30.

To clarify a bit further. What you see in the game is either the Panzerfaust 30 Klein ("small" - with the pointy 100 mm warhead) or the newer Panzerfaust 30 (with the 149 mm warthead).

Cheers,

M.

I could have sworn I saw a 60 in scenario, but in the manual, only the two 30s are mentioned.

Looked closely while playing and I've only seen faustpatrones and panzerfaust 30.

the patrone is also called a panzerfaust30k (k for klein) in the game.