Found a glitch in a campaign map.....

Road to Montcourt (sp?) Campaign, 4th scenario.....just in from of the wooden bunker there is a very obvious opening in the hedge row. I found it when scanning the terrain and planned my attack by entering the wooded lot there and moving under cover of the trees toward the mortars. The troops will not move through that opening and insist on hooking around to the left which is not good. I tried it 4 different times. The opening is there just like other opening in the bocage that we all have used. It's a real pisser.

I had pathfinding issues too entering the wood area. I moved an entire platoon and only 1 of the squads managed to enter the woods from that bocage opening. The other 2 squads went the long route (they were lucky since the tank platoon just cleared the long route).

I had another issue in this map, I reported on the campaign own thread but got no response.

WARNING - IT MAY CONTAIN A SPOILER:

If you zoom out (can't remember if full zoom-out or middle level) you can guess the position of the trenches where the enemy heavy weapons are placed even if you units have no LOS to them.

However I agree this is a great campaign! Congratulations to the author!

I have had precisely the same issue - I know exactly where you mean. I tried about 5 or 6 times to get a half squad through it, including setting waypoints directly either side. Most frustrating...

Bizarrely though, I think the other half of that squad actually made it through the same gap a few turns earlier - I am not certain of this, as I wasn't monitoring them closely, but they made it into the orchard safely and I'm sure they'd have been cut to pieces if they'd taken the alternative route into it (i.e. running through the adjacent field, round the corner of the hedgerow and back into the orchard).

It's a really great campaign and I don't blame Paper Tiger (the designer) for this at all - seems to be just a weird bug.

I have saves.

Also, can tanks move through openings that engineers detonate though the bocage?? I can't seem to get any of my tanks to move through them.

Yes, but you have to make the hole large enough. That means detonating twice.

Yes, but you have to make the hole large enough. That means detonating twice.

The problem I had (and possibly what thejetset experienced) was trying to enlarge an existing 'infantry only' gap in the bocage that was placed by the map maker. I thought one demo charge immediately next to this opening would correspond to a tank size hole - it certainly looked large enough for a Sherman, but the tank refused to go through the breach until a second demo charge had been used.

So yes, it does indeed need 2 detonations, but it looked like it would only need 1.

Still, that's the kind of thing you find out painfully for yourself once, and then just know it from then on.

I'd prefer it if an existing hole could be widened with only one charge though - those demo charges are worth their weight in pixelgold!