Mortars that Never Fire

I am trying play the Pleasantly Shaded Woodland Scenario, but I have hit a problem with mortars that never fire.

There are three 60mm on-board mortars in command and control of their platoon leader who has a radio. On the second turn I have three platoon HQs who each call in a mortar barrage on seperate points of the map to which the HQ is shown as having a clear line of sight, two are linear barrages and one is of area type. Each call goes through sucessfully and clicking on each HQ shows that the strike is targetted.

I wait, I get three calls saying," Request fire" or whatever it is and in due course spotting rounds for one of the three barrages land and then a FFE. Of the other two strikes nothing happens, no spotting round, zilch, nothing. Clicking on the HQ Units hows that the strikes are targetted and clicking on the artillery icon for each unit shows that "their" mortar is spotting. However, when I click on the two non-firing mortar units I can see a target line but in the bottom left hand corner of the main screen where the unit's individuals' activities are displayed the mortar man is showing as alternating very quickly between "Planning" and "Spotting".

Frustrated, I reload the scenario plot the same strikes from the same HQs and get the same result. So I reload again and this time swop the pairings between HQs and mortar units and get the same result. I reload again and this time I swop the targets for each HQ and put the HQs in different positions - same result.

However, what I do notice is that no matter what HQ, HQ position, or mortar unit I use it is the same target that works and the same two targets that don't. The issue seems therefore to be related to the target location. Just to repeat the game shows a valid line of sight. Furthermore, The constant flicking between "planning" and "spotting" would seem to indicate an error with the code rather than the user - it looks to me like its stuck in a loop.

A saved game file is available if anyone wants to look at this, probable, bug.