Argh - Tank Hunter team opens fire... with small arms!

Everything was going swimingly. The TH team obeyed their covered arc and the Shermie proceeded down the road till it was side on, then they lept up from behind the hedge and opened fire...

.... with small arms!!??

"Gee, we have a perfect shot with this 'faust, but let's make sure he buttons up first before we try using it". Argh!

I think if you blow him up with the faust, you won't be worrying about button-up anymore!!

happens to me alot

if their not giving their position away,their shooting the faust.schreck at 200m+

had one guy trying to schreck a sherman at 200m in the bloody pitch darkness,and its lite fog to boot,the other useless pricks within 50m of the said sherman cant even see it,pfft:(

anyway

i ended up killing him(my own shreck team) myself with a nearby field gun

that'll learn him!

Everything was going swimingly. The TH team obeyed their covered arc and the Shermie proceeded down the road till it was side on, then they lept up from behind the hedge and opened fire...

.... with small arms!!??

"Gee, we have a perfect shot with this 'faust, but let's make sure he buttons up first before we try using it". Argh!

I think if you blow him up with the faust, you won't be worrying about button-up anymore!!

That happened to me too with a bazooka team. So it appears to have been the doctrine for both Germans and Americans in Normandy. :rolleyes:

I don't know about you, but I've had main guns taken out and immobilizations from shrekies 200m+ out. I fear these guys more than those AT guns.

Is there a minimum arming range on those HEAT rounds?

Arming distance was ~15m for the Panzershreck, IIRC.

The Bazooka did NOT have an arming range -- the round was live and ready to detonate as soon as the pin was removed from the fuse. Sure would make me nervous loading the thing...

I've actually seen U.S. training manuals showing how to use the 'zook round as a makeshift AT mine, by burying it tip up in the ground with the fuse exposed, and then removing the pin.

A faust would actually have better effect if the tank is buttoned up due to the shock being contained inside instead of being vented outside through open hatches. Not sure if this is true for the game though.

Yeah, that's nice in theory, but meanwhile the twits who tried to take advantage of it get mown down because now everyone knows they are there.

At least _one_ of the two guys should use their faust, the other guy can be Mr Buttonup for sure...

I too want to see armour only target...we have light so why not armour...

I reckon a patch will come out to stop the anti tank team opening up with small arms from a distance...

If you don't want your team to fire of the shreck at distance give them a small target arc...

Also it may have to do with green troops...plus I believ this was mentione dbefore with regards to CMSF...the trooper was shooting his pistol at the slit in the tank...

had one guy trying to schreck a sherman at 200m in the bloody pitch darkness,and its lite fog to boot,the other useless pricks within 50m of the said sherman cant even see it,pfft

I know there are problems, but I"m not sure why this is one. Doesn't a covered arc solve this problem? It seemed to me that the guys I'm complaining aboujt at least didn't open fire on the tank till it entered their arc...

A faust would actually have better effect if the tank is buttoned up due to the shock being contained inside instead of being vented outside through open hatches. Not sure if this is true for the game though.

Sorry, I don't follow what you are saying. The panzerfaust warhead is a shaped charge that, upon contact with the tank's exterior armor, uses the Munroe effect to spew a jet of molten metal plasma into the tank, usually killing the crew close to the penetration and often igniting stowed ammo it comes into contact with. I don't see where having closed hatches will in any way mitigate or aggravate the jet's effect since there is no actual shockwave from the penetration, only from ammunition that the jet may ignite. And if your ammo goes up, having open or closed hatches doesn't matter, the vehicle and its crew are goners.

Doesn't a covered arc solve this problem?

No, no, not at all.

Using cover arcs works for Zooka and Schreck teams, but it doesn't for full sized squads with said tubes. And target light isn't really of much help, especially not if the enemy teams are constantly popping up and going out of view again. It may not be such a big problem for WEGO tough.

Related matter - does anyone know the way to get sniper teams to only use the scoped rifle and thus remain stealthy? I find the second team member likes to "go hot" with his MP40 all the time, and then everyone on the planet knows where they are...

Related matter - does anyone know the way to get sniper teams to only use the scoped rifle and thus remain stealthy? I find the second team member likes to "go hot" with his MP40 all the time, and then everyone on the planet knows where they are...

Ditto. Maybe the solution is to go for solo snipers. Much of the time in WW2 they were lone wolves anyway AFAIK. I' don't think the 2 man sniper team came along until post war for the most part.

No, no, not at all.

Using cover arcs works for Zooka and Schreck teams, but it doesn't for full sized squads with said tubes. And target light isn't really of much help, especially not if the enemy teams are constantly popping up and going out of view again. It may not be such a big problem for WEGO tough.

It certainly is a problem for WeGo. The general problem of appropriate use of weapons. I think , if you have a full-sized squad with some AT, you're best off splitting the AT team at the start and giving it a tiny cover-arc. Otherwise, any time there's a target of opportunity for the squad, and they don't have a 'forced' Target Light available, they'll let go with AT grenades and rocket launchers at any old target. Sometimes that'll save their skin. Other times it'll leave you with no Infantry AT assets by the time the enemy commits their armour.

I don't see where having closed hatches will in any way mitigate or aggravate the jet's effect since there is no actual shockwave from the penetration, only from ammunition that the jet may ignite.

This is correct, in so far that the pressure effect is insignificant. But just to clarify to the "I think" crowd: There are modern shaped charge warheads that incorporate combustible metals like aluminum, uranium or zirconium. These can result in a significant increase in pressure that might in turn damage the ears and lungs of the crew.

M.