Got the Steel Box!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!

No sign of mine yet.

HMRC are probably monitoring this site to get an idea of how much they can get away with charging... and giggling manically.

It's the sheer apparent randomness of this that bugs me (he says sitting in a different country). I mean, for heavens sake, if you're going to screw people at least have the common bloody decency to do it properly. Bunch of amateurs.

HMRC are probably monitoring this site to get an idea of how much they can get away with charging... and giggling manically.

It's the sheer apparent randomness of this that bugs me (he says sitting in a different country). I mean, for heavens sake, if you're going to screw people at least have the common bloody decency to do it properly. Bunch of amateurs.

Yep - as a fellow Londoner, I'm now awaiting the postie's ransom note when I get home - I'm assuming the PO have decided to apply the rules only to London because we're all obviously fabulously wealthy to be able to afford to live here. :rolleyes:

Hi Dr. Jones. Yep, additional 14.98 euros to pay. (Slovenijamojadežela)

I had a programmer friend working for Slovenian customs office who said that they a bunch of lazy slackers, not working and doing other business but the business which were hired for.

I guess he was wrong.

br.

Dr.Jones

I had mine in France today, in good state, no extra charge. :)

It took 8 days since i had the changing status mail.

The only thing is that the package was not strong enough to avoid damages to the box. I was lucky, but i understand why some people had their box damaged.

Nice box and manual, i don't regret my preorder.

How does that work then? You get charged £37.89 yet I and others in the same legal juristiction just get a happy postman shoving it into our hands with no fees to pay. London really is a dump.

Yeah, there is something not right there. That seem utterly excessive. I don't understand how they can legally charge you anything at all when most of the Brits who have received it haven't had to pay a single penny more.

I'm not one of those Brits. Still no sign of it here in Glasgow. I'm expecting an early morning journey to the depot to pick it up on Saturday, though, which will be fun with a hangover.

Delivered today all threee copies in a box weighing 4lbs but all in mint condition. So I may have got away with a single copy being slipped through the system : ( Paid $22 for the shipping - how does that square with single shipping costs?

The manual weighs 215gms which is say 7ounces and Steve picked up a final load of 2000lbs of manuals which means ...

Still waiting outback NSW - Australia. I only get mail 3x a week.

Anyone in Aussie ordered & recieved?

I ordered two a few days after pre-orders opened. I got one on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday. (That would be Monday and Tuesday to you folks on the wrong side of the international date line.)