Got the Steel Box!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all caught up on sending out stuff. However, many units went out last week to places that take at least a week to get to (like California). I think people would be amazed at the sheer randomness of delivery times. I've had stuff go to England faster than California. There was also the time we sent a package from our old warehouse in Burlington, Vermont, that took 2 weeks to arrive in Montreal. As I said back then, a blind man with a limp and walking backwards could have hand delivered the package quicker.

If anyone fancies doing a PhD on the (in)efficiency of the modern post-web international postal system then I'm sure they would do well by starting with a statistical analysis of the well-known "Steel Box Conundrum".

Mine arrived yesterday in Milton, it is making its way to Ontario. Arrived duty/tax free to boot!

chris

This is good news for the rest of us in southern Ontario. It means they're making they're way past the postal hotel (major Canada Post sorting facility in Mississauga) ... hopefully arrive before the impending postal strike.

This is good news for the rest of us in southern Ontario. It means they're making they're way past the postal hotel (major Canada Post sorting facility in Mississauga) ... hopefully arrive before the impending postal strike.

Mine came today so yours should have too. I had to pay an extra 14 dollars custom charge.

Good news and bad news...

Got mine in Toronto Ontario with a $13.50 shipping charge (which is not a problem).

Alas, the hinge of the Steelbook is toast. Completely separated - the whole length. Also one clip broken.

It's lovely to have the manual, but the box is pretty much unusable.

Was shipped via US Priority Mail. If BFC have any thoughts on how I should proceed, please share them. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but mildly disappointing.

got mine today a bit over a week since I got the email ,that's not to bad to Australia from the US.Had the same problem as most seen to be having with the box getting dented by the USPS ,mine was just a small one on the back edge near the spine ,a little pressure bent it mostly back in place.

Still nada in Windsor Ont. Hope tomorrow with postal strike looming come on lady luck.

I imagine it should come tomorrow for you based on a day's travel down the 401 for the Canada Post truck. I got my shipping confirmation Thursday May 19th, so just over a week.

Good luck in Windsor! (spent the 1st 28 yrs of my life there)

Chris

got mine today a bit over a week since I got the email ,that's not to bad to Australia from the US.Had the same problem as most seen to be having with the box getting dented by the USPS ,mine was just a small one on the back edge near the spine ,a little pressure bent it mostly back in place.

Mine turned up today to, no damage.

It has arrived. 50% cost added for tax and customs, no problem. However all the clasps (the little things that keep the box locked) on both the boxes that I ordered were broken, thus they do not stay closed. They look absolutely miniscule by the way, no surprise they break during transport when the package itself offers pretty much zero protection. I don´t mind horribly but it looks like there is room for improvement.

Very nice manual by the way!

M.

Steel Box arrived Cambridge UK yesterday 30th May, whilst I was away. Got my hands on it at last. Been following this series since 1997 when it was first muted as Computer Squad Leader I believe.

It was posted 19th May through USPS Priority Mail and I had no VAT or customs to pay!!!!!!!