Got the Steel Box!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it here on the Outer Banks.

Microfont brown-on-brown manual is only gripe. Would have gladly/happily/gleefully paid $5+ more for larger/thicker manual to accomodate a larger font for my bad middle-aged eyes.... with the CD stuck inside. :)

I assume that it may have just come down to how much info you can cram into a certain size mail packet, as well as the steelbox limits themselves for production purposes etc.

Other than that extremely minor gripe(which I can fix if I so choose with 200 sheets of paper, my printer, a binder and a date with a hole punch) I am loving every minute of the CM experience.

I will buy every module that comes down the pike.

Offer a "geezer" font manual for shipment for an extra charge. I would wager they would sell out faster than anything else. :D

-

Ok, this morning the customs sent me an e-mail that they have a proposal for a decision for me to approve: I have to pay 12.80 € VAT. Well ok, I was expecting something like this. So I paid the VAT via Internet bank and the customs have now graciously informed the post office that it can proceed in sending the game to me.

Oh well, so much for my wish to have the manual in my hands for the weekend.

All fine and dandy, but after finishing I got the message that the customs have to process my declaration and they will notify me by e-mail how the process unfolds. AAAAAARGH! BUREAUCRACY, WORSE THAN THE NAZIS!

Having watched the HBO drama "Conspiracy" yesterday I am happy and indeed proud to live in a country that makes me pay what will probably amount to a 70% price premium when compared to the US price.

M.

Got mine today - in form of a letter from the post office. I can pick up my game at the office when I have paid the import tax and VAT: 262 DKr = 48,5 USD or 30 £

:(

Guess I wont be needing the space for additional discs in the steel book

Got mine today, as i thought our customs office as always is very alert about these kind of packages.

I got slaped with 20% Vat on 60 USD (They gratefully skimmed the 20 USD off), which is 11.02 EUR + admin fee of 3.96 EUR totaling 14.98 EUR :mad:

I guess no preorders for me.

br.

Dr.Jones

Not sure why? VAT applies to ANY purchases you make in your country, too. If Battlefront was in the UK (or whichever country you are located in), then you would have to pay it, as well.

Some domestic US customers of ours have to pay VAT on top of the purchase price (if they live in Maine).

My all new shiny box waited for me inside my door when I got home today. No extra charges, no stinkin' VAT, no picking it up at the post office, no scratches, no nuthin'! I'm currently a happy camper. Oh, did I mention that the box is shiny?

Moon

if i have had bought from UK, which i do a lot ( just recieved xbox game and i didn't even have to pay for postage :) ) i'm not charged the VAT (its called DDV in our country). One positive thing about this charge now was that they skimmed the postal cost which usually they include as product cost.

br.

Dr.Jones