AntiTank Mines

Mines are not supposed to be seen until its too late unless they are Daisy Chain which are surface mounted and quite visible.

I believe Engineers can remove antitank or personnel mines. An artillery barrage will also explode a minefield. Once your troops do ID a minefield, the tactical AI will avoid them.

A well placed minefield is a very dangerous thing, they are not as effective as some might like but they are a fine deterrent for denying an avenue of advance or retreat to your enemy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

Mines are not supposed to be seen until its too late unless they are Daisy Chain which are surface mounted and quite visible.

I believe Engineers can remove antitank or personnel mines. An artillery barrage will also explode a minefield. Once your troops do ID a minefield, the tactical AI will avoid them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Artillery will not destroy a minefield in CM, only engineers with satchel charges can (though charges are not needed to remove daisy chain minefields). Infantry can spot AT mines, however this is by no means certain.

Sorry, I thought I had read that artillery could, my aplogies for the misinfo.

I am now home from work, the info you desire is at the bottom of page 92 in the manual. I haven't cracked it since I read it through the day the game arrived. smile.gif