Tree Force-fields

Keep in mind what BF ( Steve ) has mentioned in regards to the Game Engine...The problem is that Rounds will usually hit Vehicle Center ( with some deviation ), and if a Tree Trunk is right in the middle and in front of that vehicle, then that Tree will get hit first, over and over giving unrealistic combat results. A Corrective firing code needs to be implemented.

I have also seen the issue of Tree Folaige and bushes stopping\detonating AP/HE rounds on many occassions.

Concealment is usually only for Spotting purposes, and not for continually stopping rounds. 

Hope BF fixes these two above issues.

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

There are two issues :)

So, you shoot at stuff when there are tree around you are going to hit some trees. The released games' Tac AI already adjusts fire when a round hits an obstruction. I see it lots. So, if that is one of your issues it is long ago fixed.

Do we have a confirmed case of a tiny little bush absorbing multiple rounds? I am not aware of one.

So, I am not seeing two issues - am I missing something?

LOL, an oldie but a goody.

Trees are frangible, to a degree. They are far less resilient than in CMSF.

One abstraction to keep in mind: close trees do NOT block outbound LOS/LOF. The assumption is the unit has micro-maneuvered in such a manner that they can see out. Inbound would be blocked. This gives a benefit to seeking cover behind trees (and other foliage?).

It is FAR better than it once was.