Pointe du Hoc

Got the game yesterday and I'm blown away by how good it is. As soon as I get used to the interface I'll definitely try this one. Pointe du Hoc is intriguing to say the least. One question though - the mods, do I just put them as the are in a "Z"-folder in Data folder?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have now finished the scenario and it was great (but I ran out of ammo too soon...). One minor bug was that one of the MG-teams never made it off the beach. No matter which movement command I used, only three of the four guys climbed the cliff. One of them remained on the beach (the one with the MG) and after that they were stuck. Maybe the game engine isn't flexible enough for these steep cliffs in all kinds of situations.

Yeah rocketman, the cliff thing is more of a bug than anything. I did try to optimize the "ropes" because the original way I had it looked better but caused sticking of some guys at the top of the cliff.

The scenario can easily be beat with the ammo supplied, so you'll maybe have to watch that, but you should be low. The real Rangers actually did run extremely low on ammo after the first day and actually had to use some of the German weapons to fight off counterattacks and were not resupplied for a couple of days.

I hope, at the least, you had a lot of fun!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...