Still playing after all these years

Still playing CMBB, still finding surprises in store, after 7 years! Looked at CMBN, played the demo a bit (my aged machine struggled) might buy it when the new PC arrives, but thought the CMBB interface is streets ahead of the new CM2 modules.

I'm still playing CMBB and CMAK after years & years...

They are fun, deceptively simple games with a lot going on under the hood, and are very rewarding when played against another human.

The wide range of units and the powerful, easy-to-use Editor enable of lot of interesting variations.

Eventually I will tire of it and move on, but not yet.

When I do, there will be various new products waiting for me; e.g. CM:BN and the other CM2 games.

This thought makes me happy :)

Still enjoying it much. :) Have a scenario in the pipeline, that just needs the briefing finished...finally. So I might guess there´s still some testers around, if I´ll upload it over at TPG soon? 8)

While having some fun with CMBN demo, I think it´s great looks with yet too much of CMSF under the hood, to give it true WW2 feel. I´ll purchase it within next 2-3 months nonetheless.

Also PCO does not appear to be a true alternative to CMBB yet. There´s lots that I like, but not enough to draw me away from CMBB.

I don't think that CMBN will kill CM1 at all. They are significantly different games. While I very much enjoy the CM2 engine, I still find that after every couple of months or so I go back to CM1 because of its flexibility and so many other features.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in purgatory right now...have been a devoted CMBB player for years and can't shake my fascination with the Ostfornt (yes, DAF -- it has gotten under my skin!). I bought CMBN but I haven't warmed up to it just yet...and I don't want to go through the hassle of learning and unlearning UI features if I want to move back and forth between the games. I have the old Stalingrad Pack ready to go on my old XP machine and I'm leaning towards going back to that warm, comfortable blanket that is CMBB... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ken,

I still play both CMBB & CMAK and could use another opponent ( im only playing Johnny Canuck now )...How about 600-700 point QBs.

Hi All,

I still play CMBB and CMAK, but am down to only two pbem opponents right now.

If anyone needs an opponent in North America, then I can play.

I just got my new computer, so I will be ordering CMSF and CMBN shortly, but will keep playing the old classics...

Cheers,

Ken

Hey Ken,

I still play both CMBB & CMAK and could use another opponent ( im only playing Johnny Canuck now )...How about 600-700 point QBs.

Send a set-up when you have time.

My email is kenfedoroff at comcast.net

I am usually on the computer every night for a file/turn or more.

Cheers,

Ken