Last Defence among the scenarios. What a flashback :)

There it is. The hill not as steep and the historic lack of felines from Hades will probably mean that the helping hand is represented by a few other letters and number!

Will I be seeing my first Nahverteidigungswaffe here too? Who knows? What I do know is that I have two weeks of "mancation" running since monday and I know what I'll be doing :)

Good one!

M.

This was one of the first scenarios made for CM:BN and it was maintained while so many others faded away with various format changes. It is fun to see it around!

Steve

Hah! Every time a new alpha/beta was released the current incarnation of Last Defense would go kaput as the new build with game-breaking changes would destroy it. Yet every time, it would rise as a Phoenix from the ashes for us to hammer away on. Many game features and bugs were borne out on that map.

And it was the scene of so much pent up anticipation, so much WOW and WTF! Not to mention the real starting point of tens of thousands of threads flowering (festering in some cases) in and around this glorious little oasis and common ground in our respective hobbies, perspectives and lives :)

Ah, it's a good time to be alive and healthy!

M.

Yes, but let us take a little time to reflect upon the downside. As my wife put it when I told her we had officially shipped, she said something like "I can hear the wives and girlfriends being neglected already". Women are all connected to each other, of course, so any one member of the hive knows when there's been a disruption :D

Steve

Yes, but let us take a little time to reflect upon the downside. As my wife put it when I told her we had officially shipped, she said something like "I can hear the wives and girlfriends being neglected already".

Steve

Girlfriend felt the wraith already. She left her key at work. but i didn't know it. It's raining outside. I heard her pull in the driveway but she never came in the house. I dismissed it as she was playing, trying to scare me(silly now that i think about it). But it was rational clouded by mortar fire explosions. She finally got in and wasn't too pleased. I told her what i thought, and she said i guess i was playing by myself. Plus she called my war little :(

damn 3:15am glad i took off :D

bed time

After reviewing it in the scenario editor i have a question to the scenario designer. I looked at the AI plans and saw that the "Exit After" and "Exit Before" times are always set at 0:00 and 0:30 or 1:00. For every order.

According to the manual and to all the previous posts from CMSF scenario design and my own testiing the time set under “Exit Before” and “Exit After” is absolute scenario time and not a duration. “1:00” means “one minute after the beginning of the scenario”, and NOT “one minute after the last order”.

The question now is why your plans are working as intended (and i played it and found it fabulous) even when you have the times not set according to the "rules". I am a bit puzzled about it because i thought the times should have been like “Exit Before” 5:00 and “Exit After” 6:00 in the 2nd or 3rd order.

Any insight is welcome.

After reviewing it in the scenario editor i have a question to the scenario designer. I looked at the AI plans and saw that the "Exit After" and "Exit Before" times are always set at 0:00 and 0:30 or 1:00. For every order.

According to the manual and to all the previous posts from CMSF scenario design and my own testiing the time set under “Exit Before” and “Exit After” is absolute scenario time and not a duration. “1:00” means “one minute after the beginning of the scenario”, and NOT “one minute after the last order”.

The question now is why your plans are working as intended (and i played it and found it fabulous) even when you have the times not set according to the "rules". I am a bit puzzled about it because i thought the times should have been like “Exit Before” 5:00 and “Exit After” 6:00 in the 2nd or 3rd order.

Any insight is welcome.

You are right about absolute. But one of the tricks is to add troops as reinfocements... those will ignore the times (lower then current playtime) and just conduct the orders:).