Hmm.. Download was BLAZING for me, ~7 min whole thing

I guess the servers must be getting hammered because I was logged in and downloading 20 secs after I recv'd the email, which presumably we all recv'd at the same time. Battlefront servers were awesome, and I couldn't believe the speeds I got.

So far, great game..

I guess the servers must be getting hammered because I was logged in and downloading 20 secs after I recv'd the email, which presumably we all recv'd at the same time. Battlefront servers were awesome, and I couldn't believe the speeds I got.

So far, great game..

Flew right by for me. Picked up Kitchen's Rommel's Desert War and started reading. 35 pages later, the game was in my download folder. Life is good.

Simple question - how big is the download?

Here in the land of Oztraya our interweb is made up tin cans and bits of string and our internet companies give us maximum amounts of data we can download each month - in my case 12GB/month peak time (12pm-12am) and 24GB/month off peak time (12am-12pm).

Hence, if the game is 10gigs or so in size I gotta wait till midnight rather than blowing my cap on it now.

Well I just got it in 15 minutes, and being in Australia I was amazed, but then again I am on the fastest non-business connection. Sorry Bulletrat I am on 200Gig here (Telstra Exteme) I had to up it so my wife could watch eposide of jersey shore and other crap ;)

I woke up to find it had errored during download..it was going at 40KBs...so this morning tried again and was getting 1.1meg...

Blimey someone has 1.4gig!!!! downlaod speed...I remember the 32k modem used to get about 3.8kbs.....once you experienced that you never moan about downloads again...;)

Wow, do you guys have FIOS or Uverse?

My office was empty of other co-workers and we have basically dedicated T3 speeds to our desk, with the office serviced by a redundant fibre optics line as well. When there are few staff here, I can fortunately get massive download speeds.