First Impressions (CM:BN Full Release)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Impression:

The download was really fast. Thanks for setting put the tubes to feed me pixeltruppen as fast as my FiOS could take it. 3.5 MB/sec

The biggest change from the demo is getting to see the Unit Selection screen. It's nuts. In a good/bad way. The amount of choices and fiddling one can do is amazing. Scenario designers should be in heaven.

Hmm... does my Rifle squad have an M1A1 bazooka, no bazooka, or a M9A1 bazooka.

I didn't mention this about the demo - I assume I'm a minority that has a monitor wide enough to show all four unit order tabs and still have space to spare. In a perfect world, I'd be able to display all four of them at once.

Must you all download at the same time? I'm getting a meagre 40-50 kb/s and the timer shows the download to be ready after 7-9 hours. There are people on VACATION at the moment ready to waste... errr... commit themselves to ... err...

Oh well, I might just leave the line open during the rest of the night. Prepairing for a hasty breakfast.

Download jumped into the scenario editor to look at some of the units displayed up on a quick map render. Being a BoB fan added a Airborne Parachute Company (Dick Winters we S! you) . Corcoran jump boots, M1A1 carbine check. The attention to detail that BF puts in the games really shows and CBMN is really outstanding addition IMHO (demo time, VAAR and a brief glimpse of game) Cheers.

I played the demo and learned the controls. So I chose a small scenario (the tutorial, Roadblock, which I didn't play in the demo It's in the demo, right?) and spent time looking at all the great detail. Well done. I almost feel bad if I play a battalion sized scenario and spend less time ogling the units.

Oh... I wish I could play the game in windowed mode. However, the alt-tabbing is stupid fast.

I played the demo and learned the controls. So I chose a small scenario (the tutorial, Roadblock, which I didn't play in the demo It's in the demo, right?) and spent time looking at all the great detail. Well done. I almost feel bad if I play a battalion sized scenario and spend less time ogling the units.

Oh... I wish I could play the game in windowed mode. However, the alt-tabbing is stupid fast.

Ogling the units is fine.Fondling the units is a No No.:D

Another obvious positive impression - The more I play the more I like that crew-served weapons aren't just the weapon and nothing else.

In CMx1, the little 60 mm mortars would run out of ammo in 3 minutes and then I couldn't really do anything with them. Now, I have 3 guys with carbines and 1 with an SMG that can do a little observing and overwatch if necessary.

One word... Sweet! Very very sweet. Thank you. I'm a little ashamed to say this but I think I had a tear in my eye of happiness that is. I didn't download the demo ..I waited for the big package. Would I be out of line even suggesting possibly GOTY.

Only played for a short while but I'm in awe. Everyone involved in the making of this gem should be very proud.

Good timing. Just as I'm between computers, fact, just as I bought the parts for my juicy new one. CMBN would've sucked on my old computer, the demo ran pretty badly, but my new i7 2600k should fix that, right? Riiiiight? I'll make sure that CMBN is the first game I install on it as well :)