54 in July. Started with Games Research Diplomacy. Moved on to Stalingrad, Blitzkrieg, War In The East 1st ed and the Europa series.

Now that I don't have as much time as when I was younger it's nice to have the computer do all the setup work with no worring about what the pets, wife or kids might do...:D

In the 50s it was shotgun shell hulls and tennis balls against the neighbor, later, green army men and BB guns. Early 60s brought along Stratego, Risk, MBs Broadside and Dogfight and then one day at Gulfgate shopping center in Houston at a hobby shop, there was AH's D-Day. That was 1966 and I stayed up all night punching out the counters and learning the rules, played the first game through against myself by sunrise, the Allies won.

Its only gotten better at 60.

44 and another Avalon Hill fan. My 1st was Panzer Leader. Taught me how to read instructions and do well on standardized tests IMHO. Guns of August is why I bought this game. It taught me about the horrible math of war whereby a loss of 16,000 men was...oh, well. Learned more history from AH than in school.