CMBN Screenshot Thread

SO I am play testing a scenario against a friend of mine (he just finished it and I can tell it will be awesome all ready), and low and behold I am checking out the map at the start and I go into the church that is in town and see this...

pews1.jpg

So I see something on the ceiling and go to the second floor and find this

pews2.jpg

of course the roof is damaged too... With detail like this I can't wait to see other 'thingys' while playing this battle...

Nice :)

Did you figure any problems with indoor flavor objects yet? The indoor rubble is auto generated and I would assume it´s the same as found in junk flavor objects.

A thing to consider is that damaging roofs, makes the story below inaccessible during game play, although you can place units in there during deployment phase. These are "dropped" to a valid floor, once the game starts.

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool. I have not yet used naval guns in this game.

I was doing a quick battle and used German 350mm Rockets... all I have to say is.. .HOLY CRAP... It looked like Asteroids collieded with the earth after the bombardment.. so much so a Sherman tank got stuck in one of the craters and they had to bail.

This guy is in a Sherman, hull down to the Panthers on the road. He could not believe that two of his rounds ricocheted off the Panthers. He stood up for a better look and sure enough, two more rounds bounced harmlessly off. he then dropped back into the tank and had a drink.

post-33260-141867623299_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A minutes worth of action in Sgt Schultz's Valley of the Shadow. A German sniper team shows the value of surprise and a good sniper. This man is a veteran and pops up completely unexpectedly. I started to lose track of how many hits he was achieving, it took a couple reviews before I realized the MP was good for suppressive fire, but wasn't actually causing any casualties. Not my usual experience to see an MP this ineffective and a sniper to be this dang good. The next turn the team was able to displace to a new position.

57 second mark

Sniper team is crawling behind wall to find a better position.

KjAWH.jpg

50 second mark

They pop up from the wall just as the Amis are breaking cover.

KjqSF.jpg

49 second mark

His asst opens up with his MP 40, but our sniper takes a moment to get an overall picture of the situation. A true professional

M2TFl.jpg

48 second mark

Time to go to work

NhNe3.jpg

46 second mark

Firt round first kill

YTmhy.jpg

40 second mark

These guys apparently don't rate a rifle

3IIX6.jpg

35 second mark

The MP armed asst seems to be incapable of hitting the broad side of a barn, so our sniper takes the second man out with his pistol

HR1MB.jpg

34 second mark

Note the Americans moving in on both sides of the screenshot

RIHS2.jpg

30 second mark

Guys on the left are closer, 1 down

X0s3F.jpg

27 second mark

2 down

4NjwZ.jpg

18 second mark

now the guys just coming across the center, 1 down

2tMdd.jpg

11 second mark

this guy needs to hug the ground a little tighter

KlREv.jpg

03 second mark

ahh another one on the left.

QMfLZ.jpg

Brought to you by the makers of relative spotting where you only get to know there is a sniper when you can actually see em. Too bad if he sees you first. 1 minute watching a sniper team decimate an advance party, the next turn they are able to make a clean getaway. Thank you BFC.

@ sburke: are you hinting that the AI is biased towards whatever is under its control regarding LOS and such? That would be unfair! The sniper has got a scope on his rifle, isn't it? Possibly that would give him an advantage towards the opponent concerning the timing of seeing the target...

BTW, I had fun reading and watching your AAR... ;)

Yowsa sburke! There is a Knight's Cross waiting at HQ for that truppen. Got to love the close-in ROF increase. The sounds of him slapping that bolt must have been hilarious.

My center sniper in same battle is having a hunting day like that one. Although all his kills have been at 300+ meters, spread out over 10 minutes.

@ sburke: are you hinting that the AI is biased towards whatever is under its control regarding LOS and such? That would be unfair! The sniper has got a scope on his rifle, isn't it? Possibly that would give him an advantage towards the opponent concerning the timing of seeing the target...

BTW, I had fun reading and watching your AAR... ;)

I was wondering if he had a scope and laser on that pistol! In this case I think he didn't bother with the scope, the US units were moving out of the undergrowth. I suspect (VK would have to confirm) that their overall situational awareness was not quite what it could have been. They were not under a hunt order as I expect the goal was to get them back into a concealed position quickly. Just one of those moments of luck where my orders to the unit put it by chance into an optimal position versus the US units. My usual problem is I have a shortened covered arc or have them hiding to prevent them giving their position away too soon. This time they were under no restrictions so when they popped up they were free to go to town.

Can we see a shot after the dust settled?

I forgot to take a pic after the dust settled. :( Suffice it to say, the area looked like the surface of the moon, and most of the enemy was either dead, injured, or running from the area when I was given a surrender victory.

This is in the gun assault mission.

This soldier single handlely assaulted two mg42 HMG by himself..That corporal lost his 2 buddies couple turns earlier to MG42 fire..he was completly in open ground and killed two of the mg crew..then they ran away.

I then used him against another MG42 position (the one on the photo)...he ran at them while firing burst of his thompson smg...they shot back with the mg at close range but he manage to capture 5 of them...alone..No other unit was even close...

Wow...I didnt know a single soldier could make such a difference...was awesome.!

Oh...hes hard to see..laying down in the bushes..

post-15685-141867623308_thumb.jpg