CMBN Screenshot Thread

And it's showing some wonderful realism: shots rebounding as molten metal and landing "poof" in the nearby field: awesome.

GaJ

Atually, tank shell should never melt on impact, if it's not made of of lead ;).

A lead bullet can partially melt, partially splatter, depending on speed. But even using powerfull AT gun, there is too little kinetic energy involved to melt a steel shell on impact.

Even with MUCH more energetic event - penetration of armor by HEAT projectile, when a metal jet - squeezed out from copper liner by extreme pressure of HE detonation - hits the steel plate with a speed of more than 6km/s, the liner doesn't melt. It acts like a liquid because of extreme forces, pressures and dynamics, but it never actually melts.

I would love to see a little less "spectacular", more realistic tracer effects.... I miss CMx1 shell graphics... Now in CMx2 they look like, well, some sci-fi blaster shots...

When you travel the French countryside it seems that every small hill has some kind of building on it. The bigger the hill the bigger the building. They really like the high ground...

Ah I see. Makes sense.

Still no castle on the hill as the map (based on real terrain) and scenario are set on the Estern Front :)

playing an email game with a buddy. One of my German squads got stuck under water, under a foot bridge. The scenario is Train Depot Siege. This squad has been sitting underwater for over 25 turns. I split the squad and the half above water started moving again. Thought you would like to see the other half waiting for Poseiden to rescue them!

post-33260-141867623285_thumb.jpg

playing an email game with a buddy. One of my German squads got stuck under water, under a foot bridge. The scenario is Train Depot Siege. This squad has been sitting underwater for over 25 turns. I split the squad and the half above water started moving again. Thought you would like to see the other half waiting for Poseiden to rescue them!

They're waiting for my guys to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJwjq2_GlU, so they can yell out "Who's that tripping over MY bridge" ;)

GaJ

You too eh?

Very cool. I have not yet used naval guns in this game.

this is from the campaign game "The outlaws" first I seen in a game other than the Omahe beach scenario which seems a little taxing to my machine.

But navel arty. just is brutal against armor if you ever get the chance to use it. I did a Battle in the old system that had it that was great fun. a BATTLE IN ITALY after the allies had landed that stopped a armor counter-attack.

Nice shots. I remember in the original game I got a chance to call in battleship guns. I failed to appreciate the kill radius and took out my spotter with the first spotting round! LOL

"Spotter 1, Spotter 1, splash splash......................Spotter 1 send traffic...Spotter 1 do you copy?...."

In an all armor QB against the AI my lead Sherman of B company hit a mine. The big question now is what is the rest of the company going to do? There are a lot of tanks behind him that need to get down that road some how. I am not sure what to do next. I can feel the rest of the company hearing over the net about the lead tank hitting a mine and just freezing for a moment.

FirstMineField.jpg

PS is there a way to turn off the "Replay Phase..." and "Paused..." text messages?

SO I am play testing a scenario against a friend of mine (he just finished it and I can tell it will be awesome all ready), and low and behold I am checking out the map at the start and I go into the church that is in town and see this...

pews1.jpg

So I see something on the ceiling and go to the second floor and find this

pews2.jpg

of course the roof is damaged too... With detail like this I can't wait to see other 'thingys' while playing this battle...