CMBN Screenshot Thread

The B/W photo has got to be a 150+mm howitzer. The bore size/barrel thickness shows that it cannot have had too much muzzle velocity. As well, it seems - purely a bit of guesswork - that it may have been disabled by draining the hydraulic recoil mechanism and then firing it. (That could be on purpose or a result of damage.)

From a scale perspective it makes sense that the game model is of an 88mm. But, if you look at the shield and the hinged bottom it seems they same as what one would see on a 75/76mm ATG. I am not sure... is that really an 88mm shield, or a PAK shield melded onto the 88mm gun?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-698-0038-07%2C_Russland%2C_8%2C8cm_Pak.jpg

Ian Hogg in German Artillery of WW2, 1975, says (pg 217 ): 8.8cm Panzerabwehrkanone 43/41. ..... Since the barrels of the PAK 43 were relatively easy to make, but the carriage manufacture was lagging, a temporary expedient was produced. The PAK 41 barrel was fitted with a horizontal sliding block breech mechanism resembling that of the 7.5cm PAK 40 and the semi-automatic gear was a simplified version of that used on the PAK 43. The carriage was a collection of suitably modified stock components; the trail legs came from the 10.5 cm le FH 18, the wheels were taken from the 15cm s FH and the saddle was a steel plate fabrication that tied everything together. But the PAK 43/41's weight (4380 kg/9658 lbs) and awkwardness were notorious and it was nicknamed "Scheuntor" ("barndoor")... In spite of all this it was an effective weapon and it is on record that one knocked out 6 T34 tanks at a range of 3500m (3828 yds). Another report stated a T34 attacked from the rear at a range of 600m had the engine block flung out for a distance of 5m (16.4 ft) and the cupola lid landed 15 m (49.22 ft) awawy.

And I read on the forum a couple of weeks ago someone saying CMBN looks not much better than a modded CMx1!!!!!!! Infact he went so far as to say a modded CMx1 looks better...

And some people criticize CM:BN for not having para drops, Rangers, and DD tanks, then in the same breath say CMBO was better. Anybody else notice the logic flaws in that argument?

It's amazing what people say isn't in CMx2 that is, then go on to describe things in CMx1 that were never there. For those who think Humanity has a hope of surviving long term, don't look at people like this. It gets mighty discouraging fast!

Steve

And I read on the forum a couple of weeks ago someone saying CMBN looks not much better than a modded CMx1!!!!!!! Infact he went so far as to say a modded CMx1 looks better...

I think (hope) that he had just watched the first 30 seconds of the video before closing it, before the CMx2 shots appeared. Otherwise I would have to despair for humanity. How he missed all the other screen shots floating around, I dunno.

/drool for QB map packs. You can never be too rich, have a woman that's too hot, or have too many QB maps.

does having both of the last two cause your brain to sieze up or do you try to pull a Costanza and use the computer in bed? (along with a sandwich and beer)

Some screens from a battle I had while playtesting my map. Ended in a total victory for me vs US AI but it had tons of action up to that point and was a bit hairy at times. Had the AI bought more armor (only had 1 priest) it would've been a lot tougher.

jUMSr.jpg

This field wasn't a good place to be for the US. They ended up in a crossfire, being flanked from the bocage line in the foreground while at the same time being cut up by MG42:s to the east outside the picture. As if that wasn't enough I had artillery falling behind them cutting off their retreat.

cuE0V.jpg

Really proud of these guys, about 3 times the kills of any other squad and very few losses if any. They even had 4 more kills (30, jpeg compression made it a bit hard to read) than the StuH 42 in the background.

3Ispj.jpg

I really love this game sometimes. :)

Bloody Omaha

1124179632.gif

Patboy, where can we get this beautiful map? (And is there a scenario with it?)

I have only had a quick glance at permanent666's new Omaha Beach scenario/map over the noon hour, but his didn't seem to have as much of a curve to the beach and his didn't seem to have high ground on the flanks like your picture shows.

Thanks.