CMBN Screenshot Thread

These are a few shots from a battle I am still engaged in, however they do not violate Opsec.

They are being released to correct a previous report that Obgr Fell had been guilty of cowardice in the face of the enemy...and to show off a really cool scene.

The full turn will be described in the AAR, but at this point the Americans have just executed a textbook assault on the villa.

First suppressing by fire the occupants of the buildings then blowing a hole with demo charges right as a Sherman entered the compound with all guns firing.

The smoke has been eliminated to shed clarity on the truth of Obgr Fells' behavior.

A few seconds previously Fell had shot the first GI to advance into the compound just before the last remaining member of his HMG team is hit.

Faced with overwhelming odds he races to the door, then turns to throw a grenade at his assailants.

MWOyt.jpg

Apparently his grenade goes off knocking down a GI in the process of preparing his own grenade.

lHM1T.jpg

The enemy grenade explodes harmlessly in the courtyard (to our landser anyway) The KP HQ section was till in the Villa at the time.

uVcgn.jpg

The failed German assault on the town of Le Desert.Someone is gonna lose thier job over this one.:D Love this Battle,if you have not played it yet,I recommend it.This round I was the Americans,next round I will play as German and see if I can do better.

CMNormandy2011-07-0521-15-11-38.jpg?t=1309915346

Found this picture recently. The story behind it is that the photographer, T/5 Harding, was following the US advance toward Coutances. This column was crossing over a river into a village fortified by the Germans when the halftrack pictured below was struck by a Panzerschreck round. Unfortunately, no one in the halftrack survived. Harding later stated that it was by pure coincidence he was able to capture this hellish moment on film. What he thought would be just an intresting picture of units on the move turned out to be a shot that captured the last moments on earth for the GIs in the doomed halftrack.

2me9wm8.jpg

Found this picture recently. The story behind it is that the photographer, T/5 Harding, was following the US advance toward Coutances. This column was crossing over a river into a village fortified by the Germans when the halftrack pictured below was struck by a Panzerschreck round. Unfortunately, no one in the halftrack survived. Harding later stated that it was by pure coincidence he was able to capture this hellish moment on film. What he thought would be just an intresting picture of units on the move turned out to be a shot that captured the last moments on earth for the GIs in the doomed halftrack.

2me9wm8.jpg

Wow! Really great shot. Hard to believe I haven't seen it before based on all the books I've collected over the past 50 years!

Very nicely done.

Thanks!

Wow! Really great shot. Hard to believe I haven't seen it before based on all the books I've collected over the past 50 years!

When I first saw that picture I thought: nice photoshopping of a screenshot - he even thought to add the signal corps watermark...

Hmm - is there a way to play CMBN in b/w?

hehe, it is a photoshopped CMBN screenshot :). I was messing around with some screens I had taken, and turning them into black and white made them almost look like period photographs. I went the xtra mile and tried to make it look like an old photograph that was taken in a hurry. It's really a testament to the game's graphics that you can make them look like photos. The story and screen is what happened in the scenario I'm currently working through, Carbide Carbide.

The only problems are that the explosion is little too CMBN-like ;), I mean that explosions in CMBN not look too realistic and are usually exaggerated, too big. Here the fireball is also somewhat too big for a panzershreck round.

Second thing is that the halftruck is an open vehicle, I doubt it's possible that a panzershreck penetration could kill everyone inside. That would be possible in case of a buttoned tank. Of course what I wrote is the theory :). Have no idea if it really happened or not that a PF os PS penetration killed everyone inside a halftruck.

But the picture is great :) but when I saw it, i thought it was the front of the tank that was attacked with a panzerfaust :).

When you look at the relative size of the midget pixeltruppen their gun looks big like an 88mm. But, I presume it's merely a 76mm and the B/W pic is an 88?

Are CMBN ATG's out of scale??

The game shot is of a 88mm L71 PaK 43/41 !!!! In the b/w photo look for the Helmet left of the gun