CMBN Screenshot Thread

I would like to share one incident from my now finished QB PBEM against xian. It is the kill of a Panther in the last minute by one of my bazooka teams, which didn't quite happen as one might expect. See below:

First picture, the Panther is "in the crosshair" and the team is ready to fire:

pantherkiller01.jpg

Suddenly, the Team leader "jumps the bazooka" and fires his M7 rifle grenade (middle of picture, front of the house, small grey-green spot):

pantherkiller02.jpg

The rifle grenade makes its way towards the Panther:

pantherkiller03.jpg

Impact. Shockingly devastating and at the same time very cool chain of events:

pantherkiller04.jpg

Doing drive-bys in halftracks. I hadn't expected any Germans there as it said "meeting engagement" and thought I'd be clever and rush in. The result was complete chaos with halftracks, German trucks, and infantry running every which way as my guys drove head-first into a motorized platoon.

Amazingly, the super aggressive use of the halftracks worked extremely well (granted, AT was sparse and I was fighting AI), especially when they had and supporting base of fire. Within 17 minutes the entire German force surrendered.

th_CMNormandy2011-06-2521-04-58-72.jpg

th_CMNormandy2011-06-2521-05-36-65.jpg

th_CMNormandy2011-06-2521-41-26-08.jpg

Playing "QB" against the Americans I notice the AI uses halftracks very aggressively. Not sure its realistic but it causes great confusion and the 50 cal does terrible damage. Usually I get a pzfaust or 2 to take them out but they seem to drive in before the Shermans. Wish we had the 2cm FLAK for the Germans and towed would be fine.

and interesting angles there Rambler :D

+1 really beautiful shots.

Thanks!

How did you get the camera that close to the tank turret? Amazing detail.

As stikkypixie and mjkerner stated, you use the x and z keys to zoom in/out. You can get some great shots using those keys :).

Sometimes you get the most surprising turn of events. Was playing Barkmann’s corner as the US side and was trying to find the rumoured Panther somewhere. A platoon of infantry found it and unleashed seven types of hell in the form of hand grenades. With a surprising result. The crew bailed and these guys went to history as "Conrad’s Panther killers”.

panther-killer-inf.png

Throughout 1944, German production of barrels outpaced that of tank chassis. Engineers sought ways to make use of the extra barrellage but the double-gunned MkIV proved unpopular with crews as the radio operators did not enjoy having a secondary gunner sitting in their lap.

fWC0w.jpg

Throughout 1944, German production of barrels outpaced that of tank chassis. Engineers sought ways to make use of the extra barrellage but the double-gunned MkIV proved unpopular with crews as the radio operators did not enjoy having a secondary gunner sitting in their lap.

fWC0w.jpg

What? Wait.. is that StuG under there somewhere?

Yeah, mine too. I lightened it up just a little in a paint program.

Hey. Could you upload that? I would have DL´ed the original, but found it too dark. So a "light" version would be just what I´m looking for. Looks great in your screen shot.

are you positive? they said it was scipio...

Pretty sure. Scipio's mod is thinner as it uses Crysis' flames. Mine started off using Crysis' flames but I found the flames too thin so whumpfed them up to be as wide as the texture allowed.

Pretty sure. Scipio's mod is thinner as it uses Crysis' flames. Mine started off using Crysis' flames but I found the flames too thin so whumpfed them up to be as wide as the texture allowed.

allrightythen... im currently using your flame mod, but i havent payed much attention to the flaming tanks on the battlefield :P