CMBN Screenshot Thread

Death and pyrotechnics courtesy of Detrich...AKA The Berlin PUNK!!!!

rainofdeath.jpg

rainofdeath2.jpg

rainofdeath3.jpg

rainofdeath4.jpg

The after glow...it's like good sex 'cept it includes sharp chunks of metal and severed appendages.

aftermath.jpg

It's "Tigers day" scenario. Just for fun :).

The Tiger is powerfull, but it's quite easy to get a critical gun or track damage after few hits from 75mm Shermans. Usually, playing WEGO and usually after entering the open fight (trying to get them 1:1) I can kill on average about 5 Shermans before Tiger is killed or useless. But it can happen after one Sherman just as well, sometimes ;) Once my Tiger was eliminated (gun damage) before it managed to make a single shot :). The gunner of the first Sherman was a little faster...

I guess playing RT I would get better results, because I could micromanage the fight, maneuver, just emulate an "elite" crew ;) but in RT I can watch only one place at a time and can't rewind and see what happened elsewhere... So I would play RT (at least with humans, it would be fair then) IF i could still pause and review the action from the last minute. Well, I guess than if "rewind" was available in RT mode, we could all collect much more amazing screenshots, moments that are usually lost before you manage to hit the PAUSE in RT games :).

CMBNDad.jpg

I think that's my father.

I know for sure he was 28th Div (uniform mod), 110th Regt, 2nd Bn, "E" Company, and I'm pretty sure he said he was "second all the way" as in second platoon, second squad.

When he hit Normandy in late July of 1944 he was the BAR man in his squad, so I'm able to trace it down to an individual in the game. Amazing granularity, when you stop to consider it.

I showed him CMBO when it came out. He got a kick out of it.

He's since passed on, but I wonder what he'd say if I showed him his virtual "self" in CMBN?

I've showed my two young boys, and told them, "Hey, that's your grandfather!" They think it's pretty cool...not so much that he was a WWII combat vet, but that he "made it into a video game".