CMBN Screenshot Thread

First off a thank you to broadsword56 without whom Otto's story would never have been told. Of course that meant having to kill him but hey, you can't have it all.

This is the (short) story of a highly motivated sniper named Otto. At the moment Otto is pinned down and his asst is dead.

bmiAh.jpg

Our brave Ami infantry are calmly unloading round after round and even some rifle grenades at poor brave Otto.

kpalb.jpg

Fortunately they are short

i23WB.jpg

But hey, just calmly reload and aim a little higher

Iv15y.jpg

Mmm no looks a little...

VUrtT.jpg

long

KFkho.jpg

Well ya got him straddled now, and wait, George the tanker is coming over too. Boom! Special delivery for Otto!

TU3au.jpg

Straight and true, wait watch out for that . . .

XILvq.jpg

TREE!!!!

24JiD.jpg

Guess there won't be anymore rifle grenades, but the rest of the team is intact.

ehLX7.jpg

But Otto man, he is super motivated, who else is out there I can shoot at?!

1jhGF.jpg

Rounds zipping by every where and he just calmy exhales and aims

c9SYb.jpg

75mm Tank rounds flying past, bullets singing in his ears, Otto is a man possessed.

PNbcs.jpg

Finally he realizes grenade man has friends who are still shooting. Calmly Otto turns his attention on them

ijxK1.jpg

Slowly he pulls the trigger and....Missed em by this much...hey wait what happened to the last guy who missed high?

QmbPR.jpg

In that moment of thought, poor Otto finally catches a round

9KRWP.jpg

FgHHc.jpg

rrKXE.jpg

How can you not love this game? And to all you RTS weenies belittling us wego pukes - you'd have missed Otto's little tragic tale. We salute you Otto, but if you'd been a little less motivated you might have kept your head down.

Amazing. I was there and I missed the whole thing. Otto was a fanatic! Is that how average German regulars act under heavy fire? Was there anything unusual about his motivation or other ratings? Sure glad you spotted that and shared the tale. As sad as I am about my tragic friendly-fire incident, I'm all the more impressed about the way CMBN works, the longer I play it. I'm sure that sort of thing happened all the time in real life.

Here are some screens I put together from a QB this morning. Map is the ME Open-155, And it's dusk with light rain, good cat hunting weather.

Love the lighting at night

normandy1.th.jpg

Here is one of my mortar teams with the M10 firing in the distance.

normandy12.th.jpg

Surprise!!! Look what my Sherman found leaving the woods....

normandy13.th.jpg

Gotcha! One shot to the side a close range is the way to do it!

normandy14.th.jpg

Amazing. I was there and I missed the whole thing. Otto was a fanatic! Is that how average German regulars act under heavy fire? Was there anything unusual about his motivation or other ratings? Sure glad you spotted that and shared the tale. As sad as I am about my tragic friendly-fire incident, I'm all the more impressed about the way CMBN works, the longer I play it. I'm sure that sort of thing happened all the time in real life.

I am not sure if the names are set or if they are randomly generated when you load the scenario. In this case Otto had a +2 leadership modifier though only regular by experience. He is (you'll be happy to know) one of only two German leaders with this high a rating. So don't worry, you aren't facing the "uber race" here, just one (posthumous) Audie Murphy who incidentally probably didn't even hit anyone. That period where he crouched aiming to the left seemed to last forever and he never fired a shot. I kept thinking, WTF dude either get a round off or hit the dirt!

A bad day at the office ....

How many licks does it take to get to the chewy center of a Sherman platoon??

One...

badday1a.jpg

Twooo ...

badday2a.jpg

Three ... crunch... three.

badday5a.jpg

----

"Let's see ... keys, wallet, checkbook.... hey Larry, where's my damn lucky rabbit's foot?"

badday5.jpg

He got out just in time though ...

badday6a.jpg

------

Sergei .. that was pure win with awesome sauce.

Well, the minute they serve you your hamburger...twenty guys jump on the waiter telling him how much better it would've been with X, Y, and Z ingredients.

"What? There's no LTM lines? This burger is fundamentally inedible!"

Mord.

A bad day at the office ....

How many licks does it take to get to the chewy center of a Sherman platoon??

One...

Twooo ...

Three ... crunch... three.

----

"Let's see ... keys, wallet, checkbook.... hey Larry, where's my damn lucky rabbit's foot?"

badday5.jpg

He got out just in time though ...

badday6a.jpg

------

Sergei .. that was pure win with awesome sauce.

"I love my Ronson ,lights first time every time!" ;)