Please Help!

I have played ToW since it was first released and I bought the Kalypso version. Yesterday my DVD cracked and could no longer be read. Wanting to play I purchased the download from Amazon.com ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014A03CK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1E868KW9B8T4FT8BR0Z6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846 ).

I need the UBER patch but do not know where to get it. My version of the game downloaded from Amazon is: 1.2.0.42 . I verified on the Battlefront board that this version IS NOT the uber version of 1.10.0.81 . I no longer have the mission generator, nor the map editor, and as I said, Battlefront itself says that the version I have is outdated ( http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1199376 ) . I then downloaded the uber patch from GamersHell, installed it and am told I need a license key. I do not have a license when looking at my Amazon download games section.

I need to get this going so that I can add the JSH 1.3.5 and get back to playing.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Sneaksie, it did not work. I will explain in detail.

I downloaded two different times from the link you provided for the patch. After downloading the patch I double click on it to patch the game and I get this message:

The setup has detected that no version of Theatre Of War is installed.

The update requires a previous version of the game to be installed. Setup cannot continue.

I can play the downloaded from Amazon version that is outdated, so the game itself works. The patch appears to not recognize the game is installed. I have even taken the patch and dropped it in the same direct as the TOW exe and it gives me the same above message.

This is very, very frustrating. I eagerly await any help you may provide and sincerely thank you in advance.

Also, Sneaksie, if it helps I wanted to add:

Amazon automatically downloads this game to my Documents and Settings folder. I have tried to patch it here, as well as having moved it to other locations (Programs, C:, etc.). The unpatched game works, but the patch I downloaded from above does not recognize ANY location I have tried.

I have also used Amazon to purchase and download Kursk 2, (I'm not a huge fan of this game, btw) and it works fine and was the correct version to begin with.

All in all, this has been extremely frustrating with the DVD cracking because there is no way to play the game without a DVD. Then I download the game to get playing again quickly, only to be stuck in this current state.

I cannot thank you enough for your help, I do sincerely appreciate it.

Your Amazon link actually mentions that it is from CDV. Do you know which is correct, CDV or Kalypso ?

When CDV released the game it was AFTER the 'uber patch' was released, so supposedly this download should NOT have needed the patch. In fact there probably wasn't one available since it just wasn't needed. The Kalypso version DID have an uber patch, but the one we link to on our site needs the CD/DVD (retail, physical copy).

The problem with patches is that you have to match the DRM system too, which usually means matching the distributor. In this case, if it is a Kalypso distribution purchased through Amazon, then you will either need to contact Amazon or Kalypso for the patch that matches the DRM (or possible lack of it) for your download.

There's also the possibility that this is a 1C Publishing distribution of the game. They distributed the game on Steam last year and it also initially came out with a much older version. The uber patch had been released for over a year by the time they distributed on Steam and they STILL used an older version. So there's a mild possibility that you may need to contact 1C Publishing's support.

This link associated with the Amazon download points to Gametap, which might be working in conjunction with Amazon.

Hi Schrullenhaft, I have already contacted Von Smeed at the CDV boards, it is (I'm beggining to believe) 1C and not CDV (the download, which I purchased). I know it is not CDV, again, due to Von Smeed.

My Kalypso is dead because my DVD cracked from continuous use. It worked fine from the release date until it cracked a few days ago.

I will check with 1C Publishing as you have suggested and Gametap. I sincerely appreciate any and all advice. I love this game far more than ToW Kursk (I guess because you can play as Poland, France etc., which you can't in Kursk as I understand it).

One last thing, is there any company selling the download (I'm eager to get playing) that is already patched and ready to play that I could purchase today? I'm willing to throw good money after bad to get playing today. I had been working on a campaign and had just finished a battle but have yet to be able to test it. It's killing me, lol.

Sneaksie, thank you so much. I am doing that now (downloading steam). I know I probably sort of ripped myself off, but honestly I love the original ToW so much that it's worth it to me. No offense with Kursk, but I enjoy the ability to play the entire war, not just one battle.

Thank you again, I truly do appreciate it.