'Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy' Demo Available NOW

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a good working copy from the German mirror but the US was corrupted (small file size gave it away.)

It's not corrupted, its some silly redirect link. I'm guessing you tried to directly download using a download manager?

If you rightclick and do "save link as" in your browser (or whatever equivalent functionality you have) then the US one downloads. No downloadmanager assist though :(

Well, I've been playing for about five minutes and I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the graphics:

snapshot_dvd_000140_20110512_191516.jpg

The graphics are a bit soft and grainy, and I am unconvinced by the acting. Also shouldn't everyone's uniforms be more dirty (it's war after all).

snapshot_dvd_000300_20110512_191709.jpg

And these German's look almost comically incompetent.

snapshot_dvd_000338_20110512_192427.jpg

I'll give it a bit more time (after all, the producers no doubt invested considerable time an effort into making this movie). But I am beginning to suspect I have wasted my money on this purchase.

If only there were something more productive I could be doing with my time.

User38 I'll give you the LOL, but man how do you have time for making complex jokes when there's a new game to play!?

My internet provider punishes recalcitrant downloaders by limiting download speeds. It's like I am living in 1995 (which I suppose is why I am forced to watch bad WW2 science fiction movies). I blame those three video AARs which chewed up about 9 GBs of my limit (I had to download in 1080p).

By the way, thanks tyrspawn for those video AARs.

Fortunately my download limit resets at midnight tonight (in about 25 mins). I expect at that time my jokes will become incredibly lame.