'Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy' Demo Available NOW

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How the heck do you get File factory to work? I'm trying for the Mac version and I jump through all the hoops, but at the end all I get is a page with a bunch of ads and offers on it. I don't get it...

Feel your pain. I ditched that one and got on the German server. Still over an hour to dl. Only at 132KB/sec.

AFAIK they are using a cloud network. This means that depending on your location, you may be seeing different things, that's entirely possible.

I'm in Canada so maybe that is the case. At any rate mine says 570MB so I'm downloading it. About 45 minutes to go – which is better than the 3 hours Filefactory was going to take. Once it's done I'll give it a go and post whether it works or not.

How the heck do you get File factory to work? I'm trying for the Mac version and I jump through all the hoops, but at the end all I get is a page with a bunch of ads and offers on it. I don't get it...

Michael,

It took me three trys before I finally saw the file to download at the bottom of the page. Don't ask me how to do it since it would probably take another 3-4 attempts. Not a nice site. Anyways download speed for me at least was abysmal so I bailed and am sticking with Germany.

Chris

Yeah, the FileFactory apparently wants to confuse you into clicking on one of the many ads instead of actual link. Very annoying, but at least it's helping out at the moment.

We don't host our own downloads any more because we've had bad experiences with you guys crashing our servers. Occasionally scaling up to handle hundreds of concurrent multi-hundred GB downloads is not something we can do.

There will be more mirror sites live tomorrow, some of which are really fast. At the moment we're just dealing with what we've got.

Steve

Well that is weird. The Worthplaying US mirror (which directs you to gamefront.com) worked for me once - I just installed and tried the demo I DL'd from there and it works – but when I tried it again just to make sure, all I got was the 364MB corrupt file again.

The Filefactory download said 49 minutes left! Now they past! And? 26 minutes left! **** you file factory! When the file is ready to install, I can go to late shift! That sucks! Every time it is the same! You wanna play, the download speed is ****, or it doesnt load, or, or, or, or, or. Every time it is ready only, when you dont need to start anymore.

It appears that today I shall mostly be 'working from home'.

And by 'working' I obviously mean 'working on my tactics'.

Great stuff - only 25% left to go! At times like this I wish I'd installed a crank handle on the side of my monitor so I could fool myself into thinking that turning it would speed up the download.

So I got home from work and what did I find? The postie had finally delivered

my Zone Troopers DVD:

ZONETROOPERS.jpg

So it looks like a won't have time to browse the forums and flame you guys tonight. Good luck with achieving a home/work/rabid fanboy balance (I've got more important things to do).