Weapon Effective Range and Ammo Type

But from reading the posts.. this edit... looks like we will have ranges etc in the UI. :) Again hats off to all the Beta testors and the team from Battlefront.

No, that is a mod that Marco is giving you a glimpse of. It will not be in the game. But I'm sure the mod (and some other great stuff from Marco) will be available right after release.

Is that the next WW2 module or does it refer to, essentially, CMX3?

Neither, actually :D

In our lingo a major release is the first game in a new Family. Normandy and it's Modules are a single Family. So no, I don't mean a Module of any sort. But I also don't mean CMx3 because we're not going to have a CMx3 until we (probably) move to a new graphics engine. That's still years away. Until then CMx2 will be continually upgraded and enhanced as we go along, with the major features added with the initial releases of a particular Family.

Steve

I do hope it's the Bulge (and I think they've said that's the current plan right now?). I've been waiting for Pershings and Comets in CMx2 ever since I learned about the problems of a certain four-letter OS 9 video API that shall not be named.

Family means the base game and its modules. So Normandy and Bulge would be two different families.

Though I still hope that one day they will have a change of heart and put all previously released (WW2) families in to one overarching game. Seems to me the easiest way to charge me for stuff I already own, and I would cough up the cash for it with a smile on my face.

I found a posting by Steve:

Originally Posted by Battlefront.com View Post

I should probably post something more "permanent" about our plans, but I have actually been very specific about what we're planning on doing when we have conversations like this. Here's another go at it in Forum form

CMx2 stuff is divided up into four basic concepts:

Epoch (or as we call it, Track)

Family

Game

Module

We plan on having three Epochs in development concurrently (i.e. all at the same time). These are:

Modern

Western Front

Eastern Front

We can, and already have, add to this depending on various conditions. The example at the moment is Afghanistan, which is a one shot "Epoch" of sorts (i.e. Afghanistan is self contained).

Next is what we call a Family. This is a grouping of a base Game and 2-4 Modules. For example, Combat Mission: Shock Force is a Family within the Modern Epoch. This particular Family consists of Marines, British Forces, and NATO.

Each Family is a self contained group of products. You can purchase any Module you want and it will work with the base Game and other purchased Modules without any hiccups. You can not, however, mix and match stuff from one Family with another. For example, CM:SF 2 will contain a base Game with 2-4 Modules, none of which will work with CM:SF 1 and vice versa.

Normandy is the first Family release for the Western Front Epoch. The second Family will be Bulge. Currently we plan on having 3 Modules for each.

Normandy's base game has American forces against core Wehrmacht forces. 1st Module will have Commonwealth on one side, Waffen SS and FJ on the other. 2nd Module will cover Arnhem and will contain the forces necessary to fight those battles. 3rd Module will be a sort of mix-mosh of stuff not covered in the base Game or the first two Modules.

By the time the Normandy Family is complete, you should be able to recreate any battle within that timeframe. Well, within reason of course

Steve

• 2 months later...