The IS-2 THE GREATEST TANK IN WWII!

*Sigh* Someone has been playing World of Tanks toooooo much I think.

Actually, the meme (aka the truth) came from the TWI forums and hasn't got anything to do with WoT. :)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=7019

I gotta know, because I was there on day 1, tears running down my face for I had seen the light! Our holy prophet 7thGuardsTankDiv opened our eyes, but not before he paid the ultimate price! He sacrificed himself on the altar of forum bannage for our sins!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom row you got right. T54's got that roof dome ventelator. Top row? Nope, predates M60. A hint - The grey silhou behind the 2nd vehicle is an M48 to scale. :)

I was thinking an AMX-30 but the drivers hatch is central, on the AMX it is offset to the left (bloody Euros on the wrong side again).

It looks too similar to the M-60 to not be American but the side mounted IR searchlight has me stumped.

dpabrams wins!

The tank of the left is the T95E3, where the M60A1 turret design first originated from, and the right one is the original T95 with a hyper-velocity 90mm smooth bore gun in a rigid gun mount. Bad idea, very very bad idea. :D

dpabrams wins!

The tank of the left is the T95E3, where the M60A1 turret design first originated from, and the right one is the original T95 with a hyper-velocity 90mm smooth bore gun in a rigid gun mount. Bad idea, very very bad idea. :D

Mikey D, what book is your illustration from? I had to reference my Patton Book from Honeycutt.

Pete

Drew 'em myself for a Dave Haugh article. Based on Hunnicutt and stray reference photos. The Hunnicutt ABRAMS book's open at my elbow right now to page 76. :)

That explains it.

I couldn't find a photo of the T95 that shows the right hand side and so couldn't work out the IR Searchlight bin.

Great pic's by the way, wish I had half your talent.

and so couldn't work out the IR Searchlight bin.

T95's more peculiar than you realize. That bin is a pre-laser rangefinder. It bounced a white light spotlight off an object and recorded the range... somehow. Basically, it was a laser rangefinder waiting for someone to invent the laser. :)

This is great. Thanks to LemoN for starting this thread. I will now sit back and monitor this thread and see if its level of enthusiasm can be maintained until CM:Ostfront is released.... whenever that will be.

:)

Ken