can't get it to work:

OK, downloaded the game and tried to install it and it wouldn't start up. Had a feeling it was working out of the wrong place on the computer. Were the original download was stored. Everything went correct on the installation new adobe and direct X. Re-started the computer and clicked on the icon.....NOTHING! So I un-installed the game and put the download in the (what I thought was the correct place) C program files and tried a new install...it started with the installation and right away I get "An error occurred while trying to replace the exixting file: DeleteFile failed code 32. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Click retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation." Well, I've tried all options here and nothing seems to work! Anyone able to tell me were to go from here...horribly frustrated! A new fresh download? What?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mahalo.....

Just tried a new download and installation.....NO DEAL...same message...unless I can get this resolved soon I want my money back! I've been having nothing but problems recently with TOW products and Battlefront. Licensing problems, and now this!

You do not have to run the game as administrator. You can, but if you do, then you will have to do it every time you launch the game.

The correct place to get support for this is at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. Click on "Submit Ticket".

This error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." could indicate that Korea is still running in the background. Open the Task Manager and see if you can find Korea.exe in the list. If so, terminate it manually.

It is possible that the game is simply trying to start but takes longer. This can happen on some Windows systems where the game is first scanned for malware before running. Simply give it a bit more time to launch.

For more detailed specific troubleshooting, please use the Helpdesk.

Martin

I disabled my Norton anti-virus for 15 minutes, let my computer sit for 15 minutes for the game to load up, and it's showing up in the "processes" section of TASK MANAGER, but no game starts. I'm waiting to get the disk version in the mail soon, and I'll try installing and loading that.

The other THEATER OF WAR games load/play fine.

The bottom line is that it will not install now! How is the confusing "ticket" process going to help resolve this problem? I purchased the game as a download tried to install it and it will not install! I did a fresh download, tried to install, and the installation process stops with the above message. So, run as admin? Or not?

Lefty there is no difference between the download and disc versions. Unless your download is corrupt in some way, of course. Again, in order for us to help you, please use the Helpdesk. There are many things that can go wrong on your PC, and it's simply much easier and quicker to handle them in the Helpdesk.

This answers your questions, as well, Sfox. The "Ticket" process ensures faster and more efficient support. I don't think it's confusing in any way.

What is confusing is when we get an unclear description of what is happening. You say that you installed fine, now you say that the installation process stops? Maybe the setup file is corrupt? Again, other than wild guesses and generic statements we can't do much to help here in the Self-Help forum.

Martin

Can either of you restart you computer and select 'Safe Mode with Networking'. Once in there, assuming that you have successfully installed the game, launch it and see if you can get the license activation dialog box (which is different from the previous eLicense dialog boxes).

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a synopsis of what has been done.

Downloaded setup 2 times to make sure the exe was not corrupt.

Installed as and not as administrator. Uninstalled and rebooted each time in between, I disabled my antivirus protection during installs. The program goes though and installs but when i try to run it nothing happens, it shows up in my task manager as korea.exe but just sits there and never fully launches. The license page never shows up either.

I am running windows 7 64-bit edition. i-7 processor, with 12GB of ram, Radeon HD 6800 graphics card.

Are you running any other security beyond that built-into windows and your anti-virus program ? Does your 'anti-virus' program actually have several security functions (such as firewall, etc.) ?

You may want to add 'exceptions/trusts' for the TOW 3 executables to your anti-virus program to make sure that it isn't interfering. Also if your security program has any sort of browser-based toolbar, you may want to disable that or uninstall it (if possible).

We have run into a somewhat similar situation with CMBN, which uses the same copy-protection system. Some users who have ATI/AMD Radeon cards needed to upgrade to the 11.5 Catalyst drivers to get things fully working (and this isn't a 3D issue to my knowledge). So if you're not currently running the 11.5 Catalysts possibly upgrading to that driver might help.

We have also seen issues with programs that do a bit of system level probing. If you're running the 'Process Explorer' or 'Process Monitor' utilities, you will need to shut them down since they interfere with the copy-protection software.

OK, here's the latest.....I used the hotfix on my downloaded demo (thought it would go to both my bought download and the demo...but not so on the purchased download) and it worked! I'm playing the game and it looks good! What will happen when my hour is up? Because I've already purchased the game! Will I be able to use my bought license #? If so it may solve my problem. Any help or suggestions here would be appreciated.

Mahalo.....

I'm not sure why the patch would work or actually change anything for the demo. To my knowledge the hotfix changes some permissions on the files that get written during activation, so you don't get constant requests to activate the game once you have already activated it. I don't believe this makes any changes to the demo.

Just to avoid possibly conflicts we usually recommend uninstalling the demo. There's no way of 'activating' the demo to my knowledge (despite 'buttons' to do so on the initial demo 'Play Now / Buy Now' screen).

The 'Korea.exe' file actually launches the 'Korea.bin' file, which is the actual 3D game. The 'Korea.exe' file should be responsible for bringing up the 'Play Now / Buy Now' dialog.

• 6 months later...

I am engaging the same problem. I bought DVD version weeks ago, when I installing TOW3 just saw the icon under desktop. I wait for at least 10 minutes but didn't work. Finally, I terminate install procedure in task manager. I try to close anti-virus software, try to install in Safe Mode and installed as administer, all of these methods are fail. Do you slove this problem ? Any reply will be appreciate.

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU 750

Memory: 12GB DRAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Vedio card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1G RAM (Catalyst Version 11.11)

So you having a problem installing the game and when you launch the installer you do not see anything for over 10 minutes ? What anti-virus/security program do you have ? Do you get a constant 'green-ish running ring' while trying to get the installer to start or is the mouse cursor just the standard pointer during this 10+ minutes of waiting ?

You may want to try copying the installer files from the DVD to a directory on your hard drive and then run the installation from there.

I use avast 6.0.1367 for anti-virus. I click setup.exe in my DVD-ROM then click install icon to install. When click install I just can see the icon with 1950 on taskbar but didn't work. So I wait for 10 minutes just see the installer on taskbar. My mouse cursor is just the standard pointer during this 10+ minutes. I close installer in taskmanager finally.

I also try to copy all of files from DVD to HardDisk and install again. The result is the same fail that I mention above.

And you have already disabled your Avast anti-virus (is this the "free" version or a paid/commercial version ?) ? Is there any other security software installed on your computer (anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, firewall, internet-security) ? If so, then it may need to be temporarily disabled too.

If there are issues just running the installer, then something is interfering with the process (which should be fairly straightforward). Anti-virus and other security software may 'hold up things' to check the executable file (and possibly data) to make sure that nothing inappropriate is happening to the system. Windows itself also does a bit of checking on a file before letting it fully run. However 10+ minutes seems much longer than necessary for either of these processes.

Do you know if Avast has reported anything wrong with the installer file ? Is there a quarantine area that you may need to check to see if it has grabbed and quarantined part of the installer for TOW 3 ? Usually I would expect that a security program would report when something has been quarantined, but may this occurred in a more silent manner.

I have already disabled Windows defender and Avast(my avast is commercial version). I also scanned setup.exe with Avast, Avast show no virus was found. Quarantine area has been checked, my Avast dosen't grab any file.

By the way, TOW2 africa 1943 work well on my computer. What's the difference of the installer between TOW2 and TOW3 ?

I will try to install TOW3 in another computer.

TOW 3 uses our new copy-protection system (Online Activation System), though I wouldn't necessarily expect this to be an issue during intallation. I'm not sure what could be different about the installer. The 'download' verison extracts into about 10 files or so, but I believe that the DVD disc has those files already in an extracted state.

You may want to run 'msconfig.exe' and go to the Startup tab and disable all of the items loading at startup, reboot and try installing again. You may also want to clean up any temporary files on your hard drive, though I don't know how much of a difference that may make. The game will extract the temporary installation files to your boot/C: drive and then proceed to install from there. If there are any issues with your filesystem, that may cause problems. You will still want to right-click and select "Run as administrator" with these further installation attempts (as you said you were already doing before).