Rather sterile graphics....

Saw this dark three parts preview - where's the mortar/artillery craters?

Just transparent explo globes, and no damage levels shown on buildings, just a sudden collapse?

And say, will the rather gay/playmobil-style soldier models be customizable?

Rather short on developers, i suppose?

You're right, I always preferred lesbian lego-style movement myself.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 2 bits worth on PCO...

Up until a couple of weeks ago we didn't even know it existed. No slight on PCO or it's contributors, we just don't have time to keep up on what others are doing. After taking a look at it we see a game that will definitely appeal to some in a way CMx2 won't. Which is fine by us since there's plenty of room in the wargame market for both. Or another half dozen for that matter. So competition? Not in a way that has meaning for us, no.

One thing I find rather amusing is how some think that PCO is more CM than CM:BN is. Obviously we can see the temptation to compare PCO to CM since PCO's roots are clearly deeply set in CMx1. But CM:BN is the true successor to CMBO. Who says? Well, at least the guys that designed, built, and supported all the CM titles from the time of a cocktail napkin to today. But hey... what do we know, eh? :D

We wish PCO luck with its release. There's plenty of room for more wargames.

Steve

I did quite a bit of 3D/graphics work on PCO (eastern front!), but I am also about the biggest, long-term (in spite of my lost, early join date after the forum move) fan of Battlefront you can hope to find. CMBN is going to be mind-blowingly great. Period. Anyone stirring up nonsense needs to shut their yaps, and enjoy the ridiculous amount of gaming plenitude being provided.

Well, ironically as I was reading this my iTunes randomly selected Ministry's A**CLOWNS to play while I finished reading. If that wasn't a divine hint about what I should do...

I checked back at Günzel for Kanzler posts, sig line, and forum ID. Appears to be a neo-Nazi. Since we don't require his assistance to reeducate us poor brainwashed ignoramuses I banned him. Let's continue to live in our fantasy world uninterrupted. It's more fun to live a life where Hitler was a bad guy, despite the overwhelming evidence that he was just a soft and cuddly, but misunderstood, figure of history.

Steve

This makes me wonder.Are Hitler and Bin Laden sharing a cell in the fiery pits of Hell.Think of the interesting Conversations these two losers are having at the moment.

Hitler "Those Jews,I tell you,it's the fault of those damn Jews that I am here.The World is full of Jew lovers."

Bin Laden "No,No,It is the Americans,that is why we are here.Those damn Americans.No wait,I got it.It is those American Jews,thats who did this to us."

Hitler" Ahh yes,those American Jews,and those Russian Jews and those British Jews.Etc.Etc.Etc."

Satan "Get some sleep boys,tommorow we play hide the Pineapple,and sleep on your stomachs tonight,you will have to get use to sleeping on your stomachs.":D

Evil Racist Dictators keep our World interesting.Thank God for young Men in Battle dress fighting for the side of the good people of the World.;)

Saw this dark three parts preview - where's the mortar/artillery craters?

Just transparent explo globes, and no damage levels shown on buildings, just a sudden collapse?

And say, will the rather gay/playmobil-style soldier models be customizable?

Rather short on developers, i suppose?

Move along, nothing to see here

Our 2 bits worth on PCO...

Up until a couple of weeks ago we didn't even know it existed. No slight on PCO or it's contributors, we just don't have time to keep up on what others are doing. After taking a look at it we see a game that will definitely appeal to some in a way CMx2 won't. Which is fine by us since there's plenty of room in the wargame market for both. Or another half dozen for that matter. So competition? Not in a way that has meaning for us, no.

One thing I find rather amusing is how some think that PCO is more CM than CM:BN is. Obviously we can see the temptation to compare PCO to CM since PCO's roots are clearly deeply set in CMx1. But CM:BN is the true successor to CMBO. Who says? Well, at least the guys that designed, built, and supported all the CM titles from the time of a cocktail napkin to today. But hey... what do we know, eh? :D

We wish PCO luck with its release. There's plenty of room for more wargames.

Steve

Combat Mission is just a theory...ok !!!

Yeah, he was cool. That great quote about the biker bar...

:D

Michael

I miss you too gentlemen. Seems like a whole lifetime ago, sometimes.

But wait a minute. We don't have to do this. I'm back. :)

And they've redecorated the place! Great! I really like orange. And there are lot's of new functions in the post-editor. Very nice. Say, have any of you actually figured out why they do this? I mean why this company keeps making an effort at making life comfortable for us, and allow us to gather on their premises? I've always found it odd. One might eventually get the impression they actually like Grognards. :)

And that'd be really odd. :D

Seriously though, it wouldn't have been any point in coming back here had you not been here. Seeing your names and posts in here just makes me smile. And it suddenly seems impossible to be very serious about anything.

But, having said that -we really must stop seeing eachother like this. In the threads of Trolls. We should move on. Get threads of our own, make lots of small posts in them. What say you?

/Dandelion

Whos actual name is Maximillian but I guess that label is weaker than my nick in here :o

Just glad I din't choose "noob" as nick back eight years ago...

How did that go again?

IIRC, it was in response to some asshat who opinioned out his orifice about how wonderful the Wehrmacht were. The quote went something like "Having lived over Jim's Biker Bar in Lower Manhatten for several years in the mid-80's I feel qualified to comment on the German Army", or something like that (etwas wie das?). I think Andreas had it in his sigline for a while.

*waves to Max*

*smiles*

Those who have grown up on Comapny of Heroes and Men of War and other RTS games aswell as FPS games will not get CMBN and it's graphics...as they don't realise what is going on under the hood and that CMBN is a realsitic combat sim where as the others are arcade games...this means they have more resouces avialable (CPU,RAM,GPU) to dedicate to eye candy...where as CMBN it goes into the actaul gameplay and warfare. They have no idea that for a true wargame CMBN is light years ahead of other wargames in terms of graphics. Hence to many out there it will look dated graphically...so they wont give it a second look or slate it...sad but true...

I love the look of CMSF and CMBN myself...superb graphics for a true wargame...

IIRC, it was in response to some asshat who opinioned out his orifice about how wonderful the Wehrmacht were. The quote went something like "Having lived over Jim's Biker Bar in Lower Manhatten for several years in the mid-80's I feel qualified to comment on the German Army", or something like that (etwas wie das?). I think Andreas had it in his sigline for a while.

*waves to Max*

*smiles*

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=433818#post433818

I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan.

Looks like you lot have the wrong guy. Thanks Dandelion but you can go now.

:D