Rather sterile graphics....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.

Well, I don't think the infantry models look like gay playmobil toys myself. I think they're pretty good for a wargame.

As for the damage to buildings, in CMSF there is an intermediate 'damaged wall' graphic, but you won't necessarily see this if the building sustains enough damage and collapses. In CMBN, the 'regular' buildings behave in the same way, but the 'unique' buildings do appear to have better damage models - I've seen a roof with a couple of holes in it, but this could just be a more detailed 'damage' graphic.

As for us being kissers of posteriors, well, you may not want to come into the game developer's forum and post such hostile comments - had you posted constructive criticism rather than saying stuff looks 'gay', well, you may not get peoples' backs up.

Alternatively, maybe Steve could follow you in your job and tell you that what you're doing isn't up to much? Seems only fair.

Well I made it about halfway through that rambling incoherent wall of text and I am dumber for it. Not sure whether to blame you or the poster at this point ;)

*sets phaser to ignore for OP of this thread.

Yeah really. About all I can say is wow, just writing that must have been hard much less thinking it up. That must be some serious medication.

I don't think it's necessarily right for people to jump on another game because of where this poster may or may not hang out.

Jumping on the poster for the way he said what he said is fine though!

Salutations mother.

Yeah, I think it unfair and unseemly to jump on to PCO or PCO testers and certainly to do it on account of this asshat. Bless them, I hope PCO does well too.

It reads like he watched Sergei's 2000/2011 old/new game comparison and thought the first half of the clip was CM:BN. That's the only explanation for the explo globes remark. Don't know where he got the idea about no building damage levels, though. That's been in the game for eleven years.

Saw this dark three parts preview - where's the mortar/artillery craters?

Just transparent explo globes, and no damage levels shown on buildings, just a sudden collapse?

And say, will the rather gay/playmobil-style soldier models be customizable?

Rather short on developers, i suppose?

Go back to playing 'Xotic' on your Xbox360 you hirnloses kind

He has no link to PC, or anything else except his Mom's basement (and her corpse may be decaying in the attic).

I sometimes pine for the pre-blogosphere days when misanthropic loons wrote their Manifestos by typewriter in Montana shacks and had to murder university professors to get their ravings published.

He has no link to PC, or anything else except his Mom's basement (and her corpse may be decaying in the attic).

I have to say, I've always considered myself knowledgeable on history, but reading his old post revealing how Hitler was the real victim is amazing! Who'd have thought that Great Britain, the Jews and Wall Street were manipulating Hitler? Finally the "truth" is revealed! We are so lucky to have people of this quality informing us poor idiots of the "facts"!

:D

Yeah, I think it unfair and unseemly to jump on to PCO or PCO testers and certainly to do it on account of this asshat. Bless them, I hope PCO does well too.

I think PCO will do quite well actually,hats off to them on a good job. CM:BN on the other hand simply raises the bar to another level. The infantry model in PCO is again abstracted similar to the original combat mission series,the new CM:BN simply blows it away.

Was the first poster a fan of PCO? I'd tend to doubt it,if he's that critical of the new combat mission graphics he'll feel as bad or worse about PCO.

Are there members of the Matrix boards that bash CM? Most probably,they tend to be fairly free in posting like battlefront. Similarly there are members here who just have to vent their spleen at matrix as well. I like both companies,have many of their games and want them both to do well and produce more games!

Will the guys running matrix be playing CM:BN? Most certainly! They love good games same as the rest of us.