Osama Bin Ladin Has Been Killed

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that will be an end of it all ?

It's debatable how relevant bin Ladin has been for some time outside of symbolic value. Nevertheless I suspect there's going to be some discussion that this would be a good opportunity to declare victory in Afghanistan and get out.

I've seen other reports saying it was a Spec Ops team, which will be much better for the soon to written movie. :D

His death was the result of a U.S. operation launched today in Abbottabad, Pakistan, against a compound where bin Laden was believed to be hiding, according to U.S. intelligence.

After a firefight, a small team of American forces killed bin Laden and took possession of his body, the president said.

Could be a new CMSF mission :D

Hooray!

I remember the reaction on this board after 9/11. A board member posted: "Someone is going to pay". Now he has.

Sadly there still are tons of a-holes who use religion to brainwash children to be suicide bombers :mad:

But this news just made my day. I guess this calls for a party around the globe!

Yep, sounds like a team was sent in from what I've read. Glad to see one less person out there that would like to drown my country in blood. Good riddance.

I'd share that feeling if I thought for a moment that this would mean it is all over, maybe it can be used as a face saving watershed to realign foreign policy for the US but I am not hopeful.

Yep, the initial speculation that it was a Predator drone was wrong. He was shot in the head during a firefight.

The most surprising detail is that he wasn't hiding out in a cave in the mountains. He was living in a nice big house in Islamabad.