disapointing morning......

Yeah, I don't know why I let it get to me, but I thought we'd get the Demo today at least, then the Game next week. I'm 57, but feel like a 7-year-old on about December 15...Christmas is never going to get here!

I guess its because ever since I started board & miniature gaming "seriously" (as opposed to knocking over plastic army men with dirt clods) in 1970, and discovered that computers could play chess against humans, I wanted a computer WWII game that like this. I never got into CMx1 because the graphics were so bad compared to IL 2 (I was heavily into IL2 before I found out about CMBO).

After 2-3 years after playing all the CMSF games/modules, knowing how fantastic this engine is and what it's capable of, my almost 40 year old dream is soooo close. I think of it as ASL Live...and on steroids! And not having to wade through 100+ pages of rules in fine print.:D

So get here already!

Look at it this way, every day the game isn't released that's one more day they have to make it better than the day before. That unknown 'thing' you were going to complain bitterly about when you got the game? They fixed it last night. :)

hmm , make the demo better , get the marketing sorted , can see any major improvements getting sorted at this stage ( IMO :) )

Yeah it was great to see class and privilege alive and well in the UK in 2011 :(

Sadly I think its in every country old boy, though I wouldn't fancy being a Royal... no escape from the fame really. Then again, Im sure the vast wads of cash must help. I'm not a Royalist but Im not against them either... at least their tourist attraction abilities help pay for it all, and events like this are once-a-generation thing... but apart from that Im not going to get all hot under the collar if someone refers to the Queen as 'HRH' instead of 'HM' in a computer games forum like I did in one of my first posts - much to the apparent indignation to gibsonm....

Traffic on the forum seems to be dropping -- I hope the troops aren't becoming demoralized.

I assume it's members starting to drown their weekend away so that the sting of not being able to play CMBN this weekend will be lessened and they can awake groggily Monday morning with fresh new enthusiasm?