Sidi Bou Zid don't terminate

Mitra76

Hi all

I'm playing the second battle of american campaign, I managed to obtain a good result, attacking from right at place of pass from left (avoiding the ambush sub-mission). Now I taken the village and destroyed each life form here and in the map, but the mission don't terminate after two hours. I suspect some event of sort is not started changing the side of attack and this create a problem.

This happens every time I play this mission. The problem is, that at one point the Germans are provided with tank and mechanized infantry reinforcements. While the tanks drive straight towards the town, the halftracks release the infantrymen several hundred meters before it and return to the north-western canyon from which they came. If you don't destroy them before they reach it, you're in trouble, because they are pretty well covered there. I'm not sure whether they are meant to disappear from the map after reaching their "exit area", but I've played this map three times throughout three months and I always ended up with one or two Hanomag stragglers hiding on the unreachable part of the map. There's that small hill obscuring their position so you won't be able to spot them from the small bank north of the village (where the 88's are). They can be destroyed either by air raids (if you know their approximate position) or by direct tank fire from a north-western hill (the one with two light PAKs overwatching the main road with an ambush squad). That's the only place on the map from which you might have a LOS on them. The whole process is quite tricky.

It's either that or some straggler in one of the houses. Just to be sure, try to level all buildings in town.

Although I would check on those halftracks first.

• 1 year later...