I Uploaded A Few New T-72 BOF Missions in the Repository

Hi There! I uploaded a few T-72 Balkans On Fire missions in the Battlefront.com repository. All five of these were uploaded as zip files containing the level cache file, the script file that supports them, and a text file with a discussion. Here are the details.

A new T-55 mission based off the level 2 campaign mission where you are part of a T-55A tank platoon defending a town that has a commanding view of an adjacent valley. Your platoon has an allied Sprut-B anti-tank gun and an infantry squad supporting you in your defense. Your enemy has two mechanized teams that will advance on your position from two different directions. Both teams consisting of 2 T-72's, an SU-100, and an MTLB with an infantry squad. This one is definitely a challenging gun fight. Be sure to command your tank platoon to open fire and take defensive positions immediately after starting your tank.

Another one is new take on the T-34/85 ambush mission which should be viewed as a sequel to the original T-34/85 ambush mission. In this one you have a Shturm-S under your command, and allied forces now hold the base at the northwest of the map. Your enemy consists of an armored cavalry reinforcement being moved through the area to recapture the base and use it as a jump off point for future operations against your forces. This enemy force consists of 2 T-72's, 2 Leopard 1A4's, and a Shturm-S. In support of them is a flight of 3 Mi-8 helicopters that will fly through the intended path of the convoy and clear the way for the mechanized force.

Then there is an improvement to the T-72 Crossroads mission. This one has you in a T-72 with a pair of T-55A's and an infantry squad under your command. In support of you are two additional allied infantry squads and a multiple launch rocket system (MRLS). Your enemy consists of 3 T-72's, 3 SU-100's, 3 infantry squads, and an Mi-8 helicopter. Once the mission starts, the MRLS will begin to conduct a fire for effect on the enemy position. You won't see the MRLS, but you will see the periodic explosions from the rocket impacts. Please read the read me text file included in the zip file for this one, as it uses the script11.pd script file which has the MRLS script in it. I just mention it because you risk overwriting your script11.pd file. The only difference is the MRLS script. You can delete the MRLS script if you open the file Level11projectV2.ca in the missions editor and delete the script near the town on the map that is a little white flag labeled script point [atomic].

The next is an update to the single Meeting Engagement mission in which allied forces conduct a tactical nuclear strike on your enemy mechanized force. This is a T-72 mission in which you are part of a T-72 tank platoon with an infantry fire team under your command. You have an allied T-55A tank platoon consisting of 3 tanks to your right flank. Both the 2 T-72's and infantry under your command and the T-55A's are situated in the dry lake beds at the south side of the map near your starting position. Your enemy consists 4 Leopard 1A4's, 2 T-72's, 2 Shturm-S's, and an infantry squad. The nuclear strikes will begin shortly after the mission starts, and the first detonation will cause the grass everywhere to disappear. The craters, dust and smoke plumes, and effect on target from these explosions are huge. On one occasion I saw a Shturm-S get launched 200 meters through the air. Expect surprises and tenacity from the enemy even with the atomic detonations in this mission. Read the text file included in the zip file with this upload as well, because like the other T-72 mission with the MRLS support, the atomic strike is a script in the script file single4.pd.

Then finally there is a new take on the T-55A Commando mission. This one has the enemy T-55A's replaced with 2 T-72's, and the enemy T-34/85's replaced with a Leopard 1A4 and 2 Shturm-S's. You have a counter mech' element under your command consisting of 2 B-11 anti-tank guns, two RPG soldiers, two officers, and an MTLB all positioned defensively in a dry lake bed toward the south central part of the map. The allied recon team is reinforced with an additional RPG soldier. My recommendation is to not command the counter mech' element to move, but do command them to open fire. This will allow the B-11's and RPG soldiers to ambush the enemy armored force once then venture to the south center of the map. It's really great to see shots from the B-11's hitting the enemy T-72's from your gunner's sight or the heavy machine gun sight while you are also engaging the enemy tanks.

Enjoy!

You're welcome! I just played the Meeting Engagement with the allied tactical nuclear strike again. Oh man! I think I just had the best experience ever playing this game. An atomic detonation blew behind a Shtum-S 1500+ meters in front of me and the APC flew about 800 meters through the air toward me and then proceeded to cartwheel right at me for another 400 meters. I saw this cartwheeling APC coming toward me right in my gunner's sight. I was like a deer caught in a car's headlights. I thought it was going to hit me. LOL! That was awesome! Just amazing.