Why the memorization game?

Yes, plenty of time to grab a pencil during RTS play to mark down what your unit saw, but you missed because your attention was elsewhere. WEGO guy can just pull out his app and mark away rewinding till his hearts content :)

Oh no, I mean that CM should probably simulate someone in-game with a pencil to write down those contacts. "Yeah ... I ... I might have seen a platoon of tanks 100m to the north, can't remember though .... yeah yeah I should have written it down for you" :D Obviously units under fire wouldn't be able to, but there is usually a headquarters squad at the back twiddling their thumbs - units who presumably would have [at some stage] heard about that platoon of tanks.

Wouldn't it be great to have an in-game staff - like the way TOTAL WAR - ROME provided "advisors".

Except updated of course, so when you did something dumb, a RSM image would appear and he would swear profanities at you %$&& West Point/Sandhurst &^&^&!!!