What can be modded?

All Bmps, which includes terrain, UI stuff, uniforms, vehicles, background etc. as well as any sound you hear, can be modded. You can even add names to the soldier name list. Basically anything you see and hear can be modded you just can't change the model itself.

Mord

No, you can't mess with ballistics tables, unit TO&E, or the stars in the sky. But anything that uses a PDF art texture is fair game. That includes everything from splash screens to UI to ground to vehicle camou to even the far horizon.

Some brave souls have even tired altering the models for other titles, though that's fraught with danger. I suppose if someone wanted to swap out the wheelbarrow flavor object for a dead cow model the game wouldn't blow up... maybe. But it would take a cleverer man than me. :)

Ah, as I guessed.

Looking forward to the inevitable movie sampling sound mods, "dirtied up" uniform mods and innumerable vehicle paint schemes that are sure to be just around the corner. Half the fun of CMBO was picking from all the excellent mods.

Of course with the new level of detail modders (alas, I have no skill in that area) will be dealing with a lot of new stuff...What flower mix in the fields was historically accurate? Should those Garands have lock bars on the year sights? What about historical water availability and the state of beard growth on your average GI?

Should be interesting.

Some brave souls have even tired altering the models for other titles, though that's fraught with danger.

Clarification: not altering the models (because that's not possible), swapping one model for another. I've done a limited amount of model swapping and experienced no problems therefrom, and I have yet to hear about anyone's game or computer blowing up because they indulged in some model swapping.

If someone else has done the hex editing work already and bundled it into a *.brz file, model swapping is actually just as easy as using any other mod that comes in a *.brz file. Also helps (a lot) to use theFightingSeabee's z-Bee Mod Manager. ;)

Looks strangely like the same butt that was in those camo pants on the other thread

Nope, that wasn't me. Interesting to note that you first look at me rather than at the tank! :P

That vehicle was indeed a kind of FO tank, used on a firing range by the firing instructor at close® range. And so he didn't acidentally get mistaken for a target vehicle, that tank was painted in said pattern.

P.S.: I just happen to like leather clothes. A LOT. :D

All Bmps, which includes terrain, UI stuff, uniforms, vehicles, background etc. as well as any sound you hear, can be modded. You can even add names to the soldier name list. Basically anything you see and hear can be modded you just can't change the model itself.

Mord

Okay, I know the above does not include the bright yellow covered arc, but is it possible to mod the awful fluorescent green objective overlay? Or is there a feature to turn this off? It really is an immersion killer.