simple editor question?

hey guys,

how do i reload a mission that is set up in the simple mission editor? I want to do this so i can change some things to it. or is there no option?? I like using it because its faster then the full editor. Also how come when your setting up the attacking side there is a smaller limit to units on the field vs defending?

thanks

chuck

Like you I find the Simple Editor a very good tool for setting up smaller scale battles (eg reinforced platoon --reinforced Company) which facilitates really close study and focus on the detailed action and on small unit tactics.

But as you indicate there seems to be no way of re-editing a created battle--I just have to return to the editor and recreate the battle with the modifications I wish.

If there is a way of reediting directly I too should like to know.

One idea re the Simple Editor created battles which has occurred to me is that it would extend the range of battles available to those creating such battles, if copies of the battles created by all players re each theatre of war for each side could be sent to a special Repositary Folder or similar so others could d/l them into their single mission folder to play (distinctive file names would need to be agreed-- eg makers initials plus number) to avoid any confusion. Also any Mods in use would need to be agreed (eg I have the excellent SS Grenadier mod installed in Kursk/Caen.

Would this work or are there problems I have not been aware of?

Alternatively and more simply, individuals creating Simple Editor battles could just email battle files to one another to install to extend the battles available for play.

Any thoughts or reactions welcome

Cheers

you have some very good ideas and i really hope somthing like that can happen! I have just started getting into this game. I loved the barbaros to berlin and this seems pretty good too hope that there will be more mods. if you ever want to play let me know i have a steam account.

thanks

chuck

• 2 weeks later...

@pcelt:

If you want to modify a mission you've created in the simple editor, you definitely have to use the full editor if you don't want to start from scratch everytime.

It is a bit more difficult to use, but much more powerful.

• 1 year later...