Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Video AAR 2, The Quick Battle

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like its been out for a 6 hours already and only 7 views! Maybe this post will change that!

Yes, at least one more guy saw it.

Our video making hero Tyrspawn seemed a little bit confused though about Panzer Lehr in the VAAR ending up saying they were SS when they actually were Heer/army and since there is no SS in the game his statement must be due to shell shock or PTSD from prolonged CM playing. Better be careful out there.

Anyways, these videos makes waiting easier while they last.

Not sure where to post since there seems to be 2 threads working with the vid's but seeing the 3rd got the official hook up here this is where I'll again say thanks for the work you're putting into these tyrspawn. Appreciate the time you're putting into these as well as making an effort to answer questions that you can...although I suspect many of us at this time would be more than happy to errr playtest examples for the masses. :)

Tryspawn,

Just a note to say thanks for your efforts, and to credit you with my pre-order. Was going to wait until release, and spend a tad less; however, due to your excellent work I could contain myself no longer. Wanted to publically credit you so that the powers that be will privately recognize and reward your efforts (as I am sure I am not the only one influenced by your work), and to further encourage their attention and response to the desires of their customer base. Well done.

MCB

That was great fun - thanks for that tyrspawn! I wouldn't have fancied trying that battle from the American side!

That was pretty impressive for your first crack at WeGo too, especially within the confines of making a video that was watchable, exciting, informative and under 5 hours in duration! Obviously without these factors you could have plotted your moves at a more measured pace.

That comedy 'close encounter' between your panther and the M10 right at the end just goes to show what can happen when you have half the map wreathed in smoke. The chaos of war indeed!

[Flamboyant]He-LLO people! EVERYONE knows that monochromatic Bourbon Style damask didn't come into widespread use in northern France until at least 1955! This game is just SOOO fatally flawed! [/Flamboyant]

Somehow i'd just love to see your posts on the forum of The Sims 3....

By the way, i think army green was out of style by that time as well. Missed opportunity imho.

French interior decorating is very different for most countries : ) We have been in quite a few French houses and they are very fond of wallpaper, and less common, fabrics stretched on battens to hide bad walls.

Of course the house with tartan walls, and I cannot swear whether it was a tartan carpet or ceiling lives on in memory [ if imprecisely].

Don't get me wrong I actually like French culture houses, food and decoration.

Tyrspawn-

thanks for your efforts.

1) can you detail your system specks please? any issues (turning off some graphics if too intense maybe?)

2) not everyone has (or have) CMSF... so the references to it are lost on many (or maybe only me) may i suggest comments be aimed at CMBN exclusively?

3) describe the unit icon usage please. i see troops appearing/disappearing while you are clicking on the icons and i assume that is a memory saver? unlike previous CM games where all units were visible all the time, this icon option cleans up the board unless you want to see the units? is there an option to have all units 'on'?

thanks again~

2) not everyone has (or have) CMSF... so the references to it are lost on many (or maybe only me) may i suggest comments be aimed at CMBN exclusively?

Well, that doesn't really matter because there won't be anymore videos.

3) describe the unit icon usage please. i see troops appearing/disappearing while you are clicking on the icons and i assume that is a memory saver? unlike previous CM games where all units were visible all the time, this icon option cleans up the board unless you want to see the units? is there an option to have all units 'on'?

When a unit is selected, only the icons of the units that it has spotted will stay visible. This is the relative spotting in effect.

) We have been in quite a few French houses and they are very fond of wallpaper

Ha! You guys got me laughing so hard I may have woke up my next door neighbor. :D There's actually lots in the game for the wallpaper grog. There's also wood paneling, wainscoting, parquet, linoleum and hardwood floors, and plaster walls with border stenciling. ;)