stuck

Hi all

I had no problem playing so far and i think i am on the 7th mission as russian. kalinovoka, but i have to stop the germans get to a hill before 10 corps arrives. All and I mean all of the infantry units all over the map is destroyed by artillery and they all are in dug out positions and i lose the game. I have 3 tanks who put up a good effort but are overwhemled in the end. I have played this 4 times and no one infantry position is left alone by the german artillery and everyone is killed by it?

When you play a defensive mission and enemy artillery is to be expected (and it always is in that kind of missions), don't place your troops in entrenchments of any kind. Kursk doesn't utilize the new fragmentation damage model yet, so the entrenchments are a death trap. From my experience, I can tell you that it's far better to deploy your infantry in buildings or laying prone as far from entrenchments as possible. That's during setup phase of course. If your units happen to stumble upon some trenches at some point over the course of battle, I'd say it's quite safe to man them. As long as they're not in the immediate vicinity of some objective point (these very often tend to draw scripted artillery fire after they're taken).