Demo worked but game won't

I have had troubles with TOW series. I have always worked them out. yes I have a laptop played the demo which worked fine. I buy the game and its a nogo. what the heck.:confused: Anyway I uninstalled reinstalled cleaned the reg, defraged., updated drivers and nothing. I know the laptop is lower then the minimal spec. but like i said the demo worked.

dual core 2.0 intel chip X 2

radeon 3400 series

4 gig of ram

not sure of the vram

11 dx

please help

Matthew

I removed the security software which is mcafee. Still didn't work. :confused: I tried the hotfix nothing. Once it was installed I never get anything after that. Once i click on finish it does nothing. I went through the knowledge base. Could it be dx 11? I have played tow and tow2 on this laptop. So I am at a loss as to why this isn't working. I have no complaints about the help from customer service. Again thanks in advance for any help.

Matthew

No, DirectX 11 isn't to blame. TOW 3 Korea uses pretty much the same graphics engine as the TOW 2 series with a few updates.

You should be getting a large, non-standard dialog box popping up when you launch the game in order to activate the license (it has a big 'Buy' button on it).

If you were running version 7, 8 or 9 of the Verizon Internet Security Suite, then you may want to download their removal tool and run it. Later versions of VISS won't work with this tool.

Are you running any other security software to your knowledge (anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware/firewall/internet-security) - other than Windows Firewall and Defender ? The new Online Activation System should have far fewer problems with security software than eLicense has, but we run into an occasional program that may interfere. Usually this occurs DURING the license activation process rather than blocking the executable itself.

Can you still find the 'Korea.exe' executable file for the licensed game ? The default location for 32-bit versions of Windows should be:

'\Program Files\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 3. Korea\Korea.exe'

The executable file in turn loads up the .bin file 'Korea.bin', which is the main code for the game.

I reinstalled the demo and I input my license and now is asking for a activation key. I will try what you are asking and also go through my programs to see if any freeware security like IObot is still on the machine. Thanks again.

Matthew

Can you still find the 'Korea.exe' executable file for the licensed game ? The default location for 32-bit versions of Windows should be:

'\Program Files\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 3. Korea\Korea.exe'

I also reinstalled the demo and bout my lic into that and now it asks for a activation code. when i went to do manual activation it said the code was invalid. The code was the one generated by the demo.

thnks in advance

Matthew:confused:

I took out Mcaffe, which then in-turn let me see the screen that says play, I pressed the button then nothing. I then restarted the comp. and it said that the lic was corrupted and needed to be recovered. I then tried the manual authorization and it said the request code was wrong. In 54 minutes i will try the whole thing again with a complete new download. Hopefully it will work.

Your friendly pain in the butt.....

Matthew:(

I have taken out Verizon security. Took out the game and the trial and the hot fix. reinstalled everything. (not the demo) What i get now is after installing the menu comes up for play/ install/ uninstall /read me and exit. I press read me comes right up not a problem. I press play and nothing the screen disappears it show s up in my task manger as Korea 32 but nothing else. The hard drive kicks in and stays on (light "flashing") then nothing. At least I get the play screen after install now. :)

I have a dell studio 1545. dual core 2.0 (x2), 4 gigs of ram, radeon 3450 256 video card. The demo played well on the machine. It has windows vista 64. Also I have played TOW2 africa corp on this same laptop with out problems.

I have removed my security software. BTW the Verizon security kept picking up a "trojan" when i would try to install the first time. I download directly from your site.

Any help would be appreciated.

I ordered your game for mail delivery also will i be able to play it once i have the disk?

Matthew (aka pain in the AZZ)

I would do a search for any "Verizon" folders left over. Also run "CCleaner" to get rid of any registry keys.

If "Verizion" detected something, it might still have some code blocked even though the security software is uninstalled because of leftover of keys and folders. Maybe. It's one option to start with. Uninstall the game and re install over again too.