soldier entrenching or dig-in tool

great game, from someone who loved Close Combat (CC III all the way!). Anyway, one of the things missing from that game and one I had hoped would be in this game is soldier entrenching or an entrenchment tool. I mean the two jobs most soldiers learn is shooting and digging.. so, I can't understand why this isn't part of tactical sim games such as these.

these guys got it right tho.. I've been waiting for a good replacement for CC for almost 10 years now, and this is first one that actually comes as close to a good 3d representation of the top down tactical genius that was Close Combat.

However, as with many of these games, once you figure out the scenario mechanics, it's easy to win, on any level. I played the first scenario and after reading a bunch on how to play the game (patience, more patience, and more more patience), I was doing quite well until the Il-2's came roaring out of the sky to hit my artillery company on top of the hill without cover. But, replayed from a saved game and won quite easily.

Fun game.. being a programmer, I think I'm going to make myself a nice little Seelow Heights campaign - I think that would be loads of fun.

I'm going to wait on Korea until they get it more stable.. but that looks good as well.

Hopefully I won't be chastised for mentioning a non-BFC product but a good game with entrenching is Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943.

I think the ToW entrenching/entrenched mechanics seem a bit off, as I find only by giving the lie down order do the troops gain any visible advantage from being in the existing trench cover.

Wonder if it's moddable???

Nevertheless ToW is one of my favorite games having been a CC fan myself.:)