Question about ammunition supply between squads

I was recently playing CMAK (Blessings scenario) and the platoon of re-enforcements arrived on the map and was immediately engaged and pinned down by a German force. The two sides had a very long fire fight with a river between them so neither side could press to finish the fight just blast away and hope to wear the other down. My platoon was made up of a green squad, a regular squad and a veteran squad. As you might expect over time the green squad fired a lot less than the other two. The Veteran squad was running low on amo while the green squad had plenty left over.

Is there any way in CM2x to redistribute ammunition around a platoon? I realize there is buddy aid but I'm talking about redistributing amo between live active soldiers.

As there platoon commander I was ready to kick those green guys out of the army for not firing at the enemy as I asked :-) So I know I would have had no hesitation of getting them to each hand over a magazine to members of the other squad. I am just wondering if there is a way to do this under the new system. In one off the AAR reports there was an account of a sniper running out of amo and moving off the line to the rear, replenishing and returning to keep firing.

Just curious,

Ian

Troops can't 'exchange' or 'acquire' (or 'steal') from eachother but they can 'share'. If you place a depleted squad next to a full squad the depleted squad should keep firing while the full squad's ammo count drops. The depleted squad officially stays depleted. though. This is particularly useful if you have an orphaned RPG/bazooka/AT gun team member with ammo but no weapon. Get him in close proximity to someone who does have the weapon and the rounds will get used.

The smallest divisible group out of a squad is a recce team. If you can spare two riflemen you can run them back to the HT to acquire.

Does this work in CMSF too? What if, say, you have a Javelin team that runs out of ammo, can they stand by a squad with Javelin missiles (who lack a launcher) and use them?

I guess while I'm on a similar topic, if you have a squad "acquire" something from a vehicle, is there a way to put it back? There have been a couple times where I figured I would make a two man HQ team into a Javelin team, but I accidentally clicked the 2x Javelin missiles, which meant they were now full and couldn't carry the launcher itself. There seems to be no way to put the missiles back. A "d'oh" moment if there ever was one (and I have done this several times).

Does this work in CMSF too? What if, say, you have a Javelin team that runs out of ammo, can they stand by a squad with Javelin missiles (who lack a launcher) and use them?

If you have the latest patch, yes. :)

I guess while I'm on a similar topic, if you have a squad "acquire" something from a vehicle, is there a way to put it back? There have been a couple times where I figured I would make a two man HQ team into a Javelin team, but I accidentally clicked the 2x Javelin missiles, which meant they were now full and couldn't carry the launcher itself. There seems to be no way to put the missiles back. A "d'oh" moment if there ever was one (and I have done this several times).

Sadly, not yet. I think most of us would like to see this functionality put into the game, though!

Sadly, not yet. I think most of us would like to see this functionality put into the game, though!

I think some sort of simple exchange screen would work perfect for this, just two lists of stuff that you can move to one side or the other. Or just a "store" button next to the acquire button, that works exactly the same way, but moves stuff from the squad to the vehicle.