So whos able to run this game at 60 fps?

My question would raher be: "who needs to run this game at 60 fps?", knowing that the human eye can make a difference only up to about 26 fps...

But to answer your question, I have no lag so far, and I have quite an old rig. The framerate is quite low, between 8 to 12 fps, which is roughly the equivalent of the fluidity you'll get watching any animated cartoon, so it is quite ok with me.

I've to admit that I didn't encounter any heavy artillery barrage yet, nor A-26 attack planes. These might have a big impact on framerates, though, but will lat only a few moments.

It has nothing to do with how many frames you can see with the human eye. It has to do with system performance.

For instance most monitors are 60 or 120 hz. There for when you lock v-sync it locks to your systems refresh rate. There for if you have a 60 hz monitor and continually get 60 fps then its safe to say that your computer can max out the game with no problems lag or any kind of hicups.

So just remember yes when people are asking about fps its to see if the game slideshows or not but also to see what it takes to run a game to its full potential.

It has nothing to do with how many frames you can see with the human eye. It has to do with system performance.

For instance most monitors are 60 or 120 hz. There for when you lock v-sync it locks to your systems refresh rate. There for if you have a 60 hz monitor and continually get 60 fps then its safe to say that your computer can max out the game with no problems lag or any kind of hicups.

So just remember yes when people are asking about fps its to see if the game slideshows or not but also to see what it takes to run a game to its full potential.

Yes, you're absolutely right my dear fellow and I empathize with your frustration. People with older rigs who are used to low frame-rates have no experience of the problem. It doesn't affect them, so they therefore naturally expect everyone else to be satisfied with it. They even try to justify their old rigs by saying "the human eye can't tell the difference in frame-rates over 25fps"...

Well, I'm apparently not human as I can clearly tell when framerates drop under the usual 60fps v-synced with my monitor. Fraps is always running in the background and it confirms the painful stuttering my eyes are subjected to when it drops. It's also true to say that I didn't notice this in years past when my older rigs only pushed around 30fps max. I had no experience of the problem before. Ever since I built my latest rig a year or so ago though, anything that drops below my usual 60 is now *very* noticeable (and annoying).

As for ToW3, yes I do get the usual solid 60..... when looking up at the sky ;) To be more specific it's normally around 60fps when zoomed out but... moving the camera closer to the units to watch the action up close, it drops around 40fps, sometimes as low as 25. It's fluid and not terribly game-breaking or anything, yet still annoying to me. Would be a far nicer gameplay experience to have the usual 60fps smoothness throughout. For instance I have DCS: Black Shark running a solid 60fps and it's a joy to play.

You might want to run task manager in the background and alt-TAB out, or exit the game and take a look at the the CPU performance graphs. For me, ToW 3 Korea is only running on the second core. The other 3 cores aren't being utilized at all. I'm pretty sure this is the answer why it lags horribly. (I have already disabled hyperthreading in my BIOS).

I believe ToW has been a single-core-only game since ToW1 years ago though, so I don't expect to see a patch fixing this any time soon I'm afraid my friend!

Specs: i7 920 EX58-UD5 @ 4GHz, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 285, Corsair HX 1000W PSU, Win7x64 / WinXP32 dual boot.