E-License

I had spotted that. However; it wasn't the sfhand, who has made a number of posts where DRM is bad without identifying what might be acceptable.

Also, there were a number of requests for one per month, which I would regard as excessive and liable to lead to casual piracy.

Seriously??? Are you even reading what I'm writing?

[edit: go back to page 1 and read what I wrote in my very first post on the subject and try to square that with your description of my posts here or are you more interested in picking cherries?]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point with his actual answer however is that it seems to me that should I run into issues with the activation count - then it appears I am reliant - from what he said - on the "goodwill" of battlefront technical support to to let me play the game and if they "believe" me...

And therein lies the problem with activation limit DRM, i.e., goodwill is a oneway street. (not taking any shots at BF, as I've said, and for those with short memories, I am a big fan of BF)

And yes I have no doubt that BF has been the victim of widespread casual piracy, so their good will was not repaid in kind. As I posted in an earlier post, for those with short memories, I had no problem with e-license (primarily because I got to manage my affairs rather than having to trust someone trusting my goodwill)

I'm locking this thread up because it has exceeded it's usefulness. We have two positions here which are based on speculation and speculation:

1. The new DRM that CM uses is going to hurt legitimate customers and Battlefront will do nothing at all to address it.

2. The new DRM that CM uses will not hurt legitimate customers or if it does Battlefront will bend over backwards to address it.

If someone insists on throwing out 11 years of experience with us and focuses on #1, despite absolutely no actual experience to back up such a position, fine. But do it somewhere else because the opinion has been expressed, actual questions answered, and our position on DRM (and this DRM in particular) made explicitly clear.

That's all there is to say.

Steve