Just got the package of Theatre of War games... I suck

Heburnll

Alright i got the pack with men of war and red tide and all Theatres of war up to caen.

Anyway, i tried the polish campaign in Theatre of war and the british campaign in ToW 2 Africa. I failed miserably in the polish campaign, and Succeeded in the British campaign in ToW2 africa, however i suffered heavy losses.

Anyway I come from a background of total war, and company of heroes, but this games strategy is quite different. I was looking for some tips on how to assess a situation either attacking or defending.

Defending seems straight forward, however like in the polish campaign i got my ass kicked in Tow 1. I did significantly better in the second one, but suffered heavy losses especially while counter attacking.

Thanks for any input.

The Polish campaign is the hardest in entire series, so i suggest from easy to hard:

ToW1 - Liberation of Belorussia, Panzer Lehr (Battle of Normandy), French, Allied, German, Russian, Battle of Moscow

Africa - Qualitative superiority scenario (fun), Commander of a Stuart (short campaign with one tank only), Centauro, US (last mission is hard), German

Kursk - Caen, Russian, German