Newbie question

Just received Kursk 1943. Guys, I've played wargames for many years and served in the military so I do have some basic understanding of how to make a coordinated attack. But it seems that my force is way to small in meet the objectives. In the campaign game I can only purchase a company (+) of Infantry, a platoon of tanks and some support assets. This force seems way to small to engage and entrenched enemy located on hills. What do I need to do to meet the objectives? Is it micromanagement of every soldiers actions? Thanks for your help

I think I felt that the forces were too small first time I loaded up ToW. But experience/trial & error shows otherwise.

One does need to use the save & pause features to fill the gaps between orders & AI of troops. & you can go mad with micromanaging if you want.

I like to play somewhere in between the 'pause all the time & micro' & 'just let loose & react on the fly' modes.

You can tailor the games speed according to how you play & your mood at the time, & having regular saves to fall back on you can make steady progress.

There is a lot of replay value in the series & I have fought many battles over again with different outcomes, whilst searching for the 'perfect' victory.

I think the strength of the games detail (e.g. individual shells all modeled on the fly etc) means you can really experiment. & that experimentation allows you to develop tactics & troops (via experience points) to suit yourself & have some memorable fun along the way.

Bottom line for me is perseverance is rewarded.

If all else fails use the editor to reduce the strength of the opposing forces :P:D