Bug report

Knokke

Terrain type (road, grass, ...) affects movement speed (first number) and probability of getting bogged down (second number):

SpeedGround 0.8

SpeedAsphalt 1.0

SpeedSand 0.7

SpeedSandroad 1.0

SpeedSnow 0.5

SpeedSnowroad 1.0

SpeedField 0.6

SpeedTillage 0.4 0.01

SpeedGrass 0.7

SpeedClay 0.7

SpeedROCK 0.7 0.01

SpeedWATER 0.3 0.05

SpeedSKY 1.0

SpeedSTEEL 1.0

SpeedBRICK 1.0

SpeedCONCRETE 1.0

SpeedWOOD 1.0

SpeedEQUIPMENT 1.0

SpeedGASOLINE 1.0

SpeedBODY 1.0

SpeedGLASS 1.0

SpeedLOAM 1.0

SpeedFABRIC 1.0

SpeedSTONE 1.0

SpeedBOARD 1.0

SpeedSWAMP 0.3 0.05

These values are for wheeled vehicles, other unit type have similar terrain lists.

Do you have an impression that pathfinding works fine immediately after launching the game and starting a mission and worsens after loading a save game or starting another mission?

Do you have an impression that pathfinding works fine immediately after launching the game and starting a mission and worsens after loading a save game or starting another mission?

can't check that now but that could be true. gonna check it as soon as possible.

Yes, it's very possible. I can't check it at the moment too, but I remember playing the very first mission after I purchased the game and I had no pathfinding issues. Yesterday I managed to fight my way through three missions (with only one crash to desktop) and it really might be that from a certain point, possibly due to multiple save/loads, the pathfinding deteriorated significantly, because the last mission was a micromanaging nightmare.

Hm, about pathfinding... When you post problem about pathfinding, I must say that I noticed pretty much same problem, with saving games... When I save game, expecially quick saving, after that, my mortars (and other weapons too) are so weak, cant kill even with almost direct hit in trenches... After closing game, completely, and reopening, that "weakeness" is gone for some time, but after saving, all goes wrong...

i confirm this.

i've started my US tour 5, send an order to a sniper, got a phone call, push space bar twice (yeap, i know, should have been once), leave my computer, came back ... sniper dead. reload last save, and bang pathfinding was under lsd.

Speaking of MGs, US .30 cal HMGs are not moveable. .50 cal/12.7mm AAMGs on tanks are not usable. But I think someone has already mentioned it on 1C forums.

Also, when an artillery unit or HMG crew runs out of ammo, it exits the unit. Re-manning it doesn't work. Crew member enters it for a brief moment then exits again automatically. The problem is, that all unmanned units are considered lost and the only, temporary solution to this at the moment, is not to run out of ammo with any of them. I don't know if this bug applies to vehicles too, as I always had some peas in my boomsticks before the mission ended.

If you are experiencing pathfinding problems, can you describe what are you exactly doing to get 'LSD pathfinding' step by step? Developers try to reproduce this error but the game works normally. Please provide a save and instructions like this:

1. Start the game

2. Load the save

3. Give some orders

3. Load the save again - pathfinding is broken now

Something like that?

A possible Artillery bug:

I ordered Artillery to open up on one of my own cities in a Multiplayer map since it was being overrun by enemy tanks and I only had a few infantry units with no chance of defending the town. When I ordered the Arty to drop shells on my town, I could hear the background noise of the batteries but no explosions! Nothing dropped on my town. The sound of batteries indicated that they were firing but no shells were dropping anywhere in the map.

Just to make sure, I changed the target zone to some area distant from my town, and the shells started to drop then!

A possible Artillery bug:

I ordered Artillery to open up on one of my own cities in a Multiplayer map since it was being overrun by enemy tanks and I only had a few infantry units with no chance of defending the town. When I ordered the Arty to drop shells on my town, I could hear the background noise of the batteries but no explosions! Nothing dropped on my town. The sound of batteries indicated that they were firing but no shells were dropping anywhere in the map.

Just to make sure, I changed the target zone to some area distant from my town, and the shells started to drop then!

this has happened to me more than once

About the artillery thing. I personally do not treat this as a bug. The reason why so many mortars (and CAS missions) were used as artillery in The Korean War, and not the big guns, comes from the specifics of Korean terrain. Mountains, hills, banks and stuff like that blocking the shell trajectory often made the use of the big guns inefficient. I don't know what was the intention of mission designers, but I like to think they have placed the artillery so close to the action area on purpose, to represent just that. I very rarely rely on artillery and only choose it when there's no more mortar or air support available. On some maps there's a chance you'll be fighting the enemy on a relatively flat (by Korean standards) map and the mountains won't block arty trajectories.

@Sneaksie:

Concerning the bug reproduction. Well:

1. I start the game

2. Load up the mission from the load menu

3. Enter the action

4. Quicksave couple of times while I'm steamrolling the enemy, or the enemy steamrolls me,

5. Reload from the load menu one of the previous states (note that I never use quickload)

6. Repeats point 4 several times and point 5 if needed.

7. Sometimes when I leave the computer I might either pause the game or enter the menu.

8. Occassionally I might also ALT+TAB to desktop.

At some point the pathfinding breaks. I think that it always breaks after one of the reloads. It might be the second, might be the fifth. Hard to tell.

Oh, and the game options I use (after the "historical units" bug, I feel it's important to list them out):

Game (listed settings are TURNED ON):

Invert mouse wheel

Camera shake

Smart pause

Classic units selection mode (a new function, maybe here's the problem? Although I doubt it)

Compatibility mode

Interface (listed settings are TURNED OFF!):

Show blood

Show enemy type

Font scaling

Show tips on startup

Keep strategic map textures in memory

I hope that will help.

I am having large amounts of bugs, mainly crashes to the desktop when loading a campaign battle, the first one. so, the only battle i have done was the tutorial battle. oh ya and I can't invert the mouse scroll without a crash either. everything is one defult settings.

my sytem specs are

CPU- Intel core 2 duo

RAM- 4GB

Graphics- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT GPU (512MB)

OS is windows 7 64-bit

Thanks, I got everything sorted out, and have played for quite a while. But one problem I seem to have is my heli pilots don't seem to realize that there is a mountain in the way and crash.it was on the jungle airfield map and two of my three choppers went down not by the AA gun that was there, but the mountains. It was rather annoying.